Coral Vue Hydros

New birthday critters!

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Yesterday was my birthday. My wife surprised me with this beauty when I got home:

Purple-tipped green bubble tip anemone

Untitled.jpg

Acclimated and fully opened in less than 12 hours after putting in the tank. Hasn't moved but a couple of inches, and is nearly 9" across! Matches my sebae anemone in size!

Helped a friend move and visited an LFS I don't get to go to much, and picked up these beauties:

Some sort of stylophora or pocillopora?

IMG_20120428_191535.jpg

Short tentacle plate coral

Untitled-3.jpg

Pink derasa clam with a rainbow-edged mantle

(pic coming, my peppermint shrimp was being a douche and bugging it, so it closed up)

Sorry for crappy pics. My Droid 2 used to take great pics, now they pretty much suck. :(

Happy birthdAy, I'm waiting to see the new clam. The big 2 1 is coming up very soon for me, and am hoping I get more than some alcohol for it.

jedimasterben
Happy birthdAy, I'm waiting to see the new clam. The big 2 1 is coming up very soon for me, and am hoping I get more than some alcohol for it.

Dude, #### alcohol. You're way better off without it.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets birthday corals for themselves! I have an order coming in Tuesday. A little early as my bday is Saturday.

They only had one left of a chalice I have been coveting...

jedimasterben

Well, my wife offered to take me to that LFS since she knew it was on our way back home, and when we were there, she picked out the clam AND was ok with spending $105 for that, the plate, and the SPS colony. She got the BTA for $25, too. :)

Well, my wife offered to take me to that LFS since she knew it was on our way back home, and when we were there, she picked out the clam AND was ok with spending $105 for that, the plate, and the SPS colony. She got the BTA for $25, too. :)

Youre a lucky man. Everyonce in a blue moon I would think somthung is expensive and get a " that's it?!" response from my girlfriend. It makes me love her even more. Haha.

And 25 is a great price for a bta. Congrats

Archived