xDetroitMetalx

xDetroitMetalx

DSC_0052_2.jpg

05/08/2012

Equipment:

Tank: 14 gallon Oceanic BioCube

Pump: Hydor Koralia 425 / Hydor Evo 300 gph / Hydor Deflector

Heater: 50 watt Eheim

Filtration: Chamber 1: Empty Chamber with cut wall for more volume 2: Rubble rock Chamber 3: Heater, return pump, rubble rocks

Lighting: Stock

Cooling: Stock

Livestock:

CUC from Reef Cleaner

Male Yasha Goby

Female Hasha Goby

Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp

Corals:

Morphologic Zoas

Good gracious clean up that diatom! Hahaha

Love the aquascape man!

What's the plan for stocking?..

Ps... I plan on building a ls1 miata soon :) or maybe a rb20 swap(Nissan gtr motor)

xDetroitMetalx
Good gracious clean up that diatom! Hahaha

Love the aquascape man!

What's the plan for stocking?..

Ps... I plan on building a ls1 miata soon :) or maybe a rb20 swap(Nissan gtr motor)

Diatoms are pretty much all gone now, the snails destroyed it!

I keep jumbling ideas around for stocking. I know corals will be some nice zoas and other low light guys.

Do a Miata LS7 :P

Good call picking up a CUC from John - he's the best! As a fellow BC14 owner, I'm going to highly suggest sticking to 2 fish and a low bioload. You can get away with 3 (obviously depending on the species), but you'll thank yourself later for keeping the fish load light. I had a tailspot blenny and a pair of snowflake clowns at first and it worked out ok, but eventually, it was just too crammed and I had to rip my tank apart to get the blenny out of there.

xDetroitMetalx

I'm thinking a Male / Female pair of Yasha Gobies matched with a Pistol Shrimp that you see on Divers Den. Then if I feel comfortable I'm thinking a Tailspot Blenny.

I'm thinking a Male / Female pair of Yasha Gobies matched with a Pistol Shrimp that you see on Divers Den. Then if I feel comfortable I'm thinking a Tailspot Blenny.

yasha gobies are awesome, never got the chance to have them for my tank. i was considering getting them for my new tank build but unsure if i want a pistol shrimp hahaa..

Zoa garden would be awesome.. and get a mid level swimming fish. gobies always on the floor..

xDetroitMetalx

I'm not sure what other fish I would want. I loved my Cherub Angel but I feel this 14g might be unfair for him. The twin spot goby is an awesome little character, I've also had one of those, but they hide often. I'm willing to hear recommendations (No clown fish).

xDetroitMetalx

Corals incoming from Morphlogic, couldn't pass up the 20% off Zoa deal. My spending is done with the tank for this month!

fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

Corals incoming from Morphlogic, couldn't pass up the 20% off Zoa deal. My spending is done with the tank for this month!

Nice

xDetroitMetalx

I blame my car as well, I need parts for it which took away from play money :(

I blame my car as well, I need parts for it which took away from play money :(

Lol I have the same issue hahahaha

xDetroitMetalx

Interesting info:

After buying this tank I realized that the new Coralife PC/LED versions were out with all the upgraded goodies. I was slightly disappointed and wish I would have found out before I bought this Oceanic Biocube version. It still has some of the upgrades but the PC/LED version is just better for only $20 more, doh! Well, my fans are already acting up and creating a bunch of noise on morning start up so I gave Oceanic a call to get replacements. The rep was very nice and said he would send me two extra fans. I asked him if it was possible to just replace the Oceanic hood with the Coralife one, he said no it won't fit which is too bad for us less fortunate. He said he would send me a replacement hood and such for mine as well, which is cool because I've been thinking about doing a super top secret mod and having the extra hood would be nice if I mess up :D

xDetroitMetalx

Man.... After reading all those mantis tanks, and having them before and loving them I'm thinking... Mantis tank or Yasha pair? HRMMMMMMM!!!!

Man.... After reading all those mantis tanks, and having them before and loving them I'm thinking... Mantis tank or Yasha pair? HRMMMMMMM!!!!

no mantis.. YASHA!!! PAIR!

yo dude. you want some corals? ima break down my Pico soon so lemme know if you want some for free.. just pay me shipping.

xDetroitMetalx

God my lights suck for color, it's almost a total bummer. The Zoas I received still look cool under my lighting but man I'm wishing for LEDs. I just received my order from Coral Morphlogic, I received an extra coral and a little message on the box, I love the extra touch. Sadly, my 3 heads of purple people eaters, the ones I wanted the most, aren't opening, while everything else is... I'm hoping for it right now. Anyway, here are some quick pics... I wish I had a better lens for close ups :(

DSC_0049_2.jpg

DSC_0046_2.jpg

DSC_0043_2.jpg

DSC_0040_2.jpg

DSC_0037_2.jpg

DSC_0031_2.jpg

DSC_0028_2.jpg

DSC_0019_2-1.jpg

DSC_0016_2.jpg

Anyone see the small hole in the last photo on the one polyp? ^

• 3 weeks later...
xDetroitMetalx

I ordered my Yasha Goby Male / Female pair with a pistol shrimp :D

Should be here Wednesday!

buddythelion

I just got my coral morph order in today. I wish I saw this thread to see how small the tiles were though. Deceivingly small... Anyways. What happened to no more spending this month? LOL. jk. You could pair the yashas up yourself you know for a much cheaper option.

xDetroitMetalx
I just got my coral morph order in today. I wish I saw this thread to see how small the tiles were though. Deceivingly small... Anyways. What happened to no more spending this month? LOL. jk. You could pair the yashas up yourself you know for a much cheaper option.

I 100% agree with you on Morphlogics being deceivingly small. There were a few bags that were blown up in the shipment as well. One bag was the Purple People Eater I got, a coral I really wanted, the thing was melted and I was worried it wasn't going to make it, however, it seems to be doing very well now a few weeks later. Once they all have adjusted to my tank they actually look very nice and I'm happy with them. Another pain in the arse is finding a spot for the blocks, I've glued them down but snails still knock them over somehow.

I had some money set over for these little guys sense Diver's Den is so darn random on them. I was excited to see them up last night! I couldn't pair up the gobies myself for cheaper either. The closest LFS near me is in Portland area which is a 2 hour drive. I literally live in the middle of nowhere so if I had to get rid of the ones that I couldn't pair off I would be stuck with them or would have to drive out. The internet is really the cheapest and easiest option I have out here.

xDetroitMetalx

So after not having any water testing tools sense the start of this tank I finally got some yesterday to make sure the Gobies had a proper habitat. I pretty much figured the nitrates would be a tad high as I didn't do a water change yet. I got home and did the tests and my assumption was correct: Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10-5ppm So I did a water change last night and tested again this morning and it dropped to 5ppm.

On another note. I still have tons of snail eggs everywhere as there is nothing to eat them and have been finding tiny baby snails throughout the week. Also, the zoas from morphlogic have been thriving and I'm seeing new polyps forming. Should be a nice tank for the gobies!

Teh gobies are in FedEx's hands... Scary!

Lol scary. USPS is gonna be holding onto some zoas I will be shipping out tomorrow

Archived