Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oxydator and Hydrogen peroxide.

atoll

jamescstein

So essentially this is just super saturating the water with oxygen? And I am assuming here, this is more than you'd get from a skimmer/falling water/airstone?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand why people are skeptical after all your advertising laws are far more shall we say relaxed compared to the UK. Seems you me in the US to say say just about anything about a product and get away with lies. I guess you have all been conditioned to some extent on not believing unless you have cast iron scientific evidence repeated again and again back up with years of research before some will accept what many have experienced and reported about anything. The old adage if its sounds too good to be true then it probably is but note the word probably which does not apply to Oxydator's as many have found out and many will do so in the future.

So essentially this is just super saturating the water with oxygen? And I am assuming here, this is more than you'd get from a skimmer/falling water/airstone?

Correct and with a skimmer you are mixing a lot more than just 02 which only makes up about 21% of air 78% being nitrogen. 0.O4% being carbon dioxide. When using we add an Oxydator we are adding a very high concentration of O2 .

albertthiel

Yes you add highly reactive Oxygen which purifies the water and "burns" out a lot of organics and undesirable by products.

Best and safest way IME to purify the water in your tank

You need to try it and you will be convinced, just as I have been

I would not run a tank without one

Albert

jamescstein

Oh I am thinking about trying one in my wifes large reef.

125G with a 50ish gallon sump/ref. Looks like there is a big jump from the A (400liter) to the W (4000liter) model. Would the A work? I'd just want more concentrated or I'd have to add h2o2 more frequently? Seems like the W is way too large.

I use only straight 35% in my tank as my system is habituated to 3% and its useless. I have videos of mushroom corals soaked for 5 mins in straight 35% fully immune lol then reproducing en masse two days later to the point they are wiping out my tank

Strong peroxide causes stress induced pedal laceration in corallimorphs and it will boost reproduction massively. Somebody send me a 200$ candy mushroom frag and ill ship you back nine in two months :)

Seriously, soon breeders may find something useful in this.

This is amazing to me because I spilled three drops once on my Formica cabinet and hard as it is, the bubbly warped it ruined like battery acid.

MartinER from last page wrote in 2010 in a peroxide read online that it could cook your eye and I do believe that so Ive always been mega careful. I am astounded that any kid could go into natures way health food and buy a quart of this stuff, terribly thankful I didn't know about this when I was 15 as injury would have closely followed all the strange things you can do with it.

My pico is mega old and as such aggressive coralline and hard micro algae form on the glass inside so bi monthly a drain and rub down internally with 35 prevents all scraping of the glass and it will burn anything off the glass such as calcareous micro algae, I've never seen anything work better and every coral I have including sps can now take minor direct, emersed contact with undiluted 35 so there is an interesting case study in metabolic habituation developing. Even my coral banded shrimp would get a drip runoff at times and right when I thought he was a bubbly corpse he would be alive next day.

I support the oxydator and would use one if they made a three inch model but they don't, so some have to straight dose due to sizing. I believe it would truly slow the micro algae based on its general characters and the myriad posts over the years and from German bee shrimp forums. those delicate animals will not tolerate direct dosing of 35% as I've killed some of mine by wiping down freshwater tanks the same way.

Animals are showing stark, amazing biological contrasts to inherent and developed reactions to oxidizers that occur as natural by products in cellular metabolism and one would think something concentrated up to 35% that burns rock would naturally kill everything in a reef tank but it does not! these animals amazing. In my opinion we know very well now after five years of hardcore peroxide in the reef work what tolerates it and what doesn't. In all that time and reading Ive never seen one death of any organism attributed to the oxydator and there are tons of losses posted on the known sensitives when using the straight dose of even weakly 3%

Positively the oxydator is much safer as a constant

Straight liquid is better for problem algae management and a quick fix. It seems to me that its much safer to dilute 35 half over twice to get the 6-7 range vs boiling? Maybe people don't know the 35 is right in the health food fridge down the street, avail to anyone cheap.

albertthiel

I understand why people are skeptical after all your advertising laws are far more shall we say relaxed compared to the UK. Seems you me in the US to say say just about anything about a product and get away with lies. I guess you have all been conditioned to some extent on not believing unless you have cast iron scientific evidence repeated again and again back up with years of research before some will accept what many have experienced and reported about anything. The old adage if its sounds too good to be true then it probably is but note the word probably which does not apply to Oxydator's as many have found out and many will do so in the future.

Could be Les ... but more and more are adopting it and are becoming adepts of the use of the Oxydator now especially that it is available in the US from saltwater-conversion.com

Just a a side note I now use a mini in my Jellyfish tank

Albert

albertthiel

Oh I am thinking about trying one in my wifes large reef.

125G with a 50ish gallon sump/ref. Looks like there is a big jump from the A (400liter) to the W (4000liter) model. Would the A work? I'd just want more concentrated or I'd have to add h2o2 more frequently? Seems like the W is way too large.

I would go with two model A's and the 9 % peroxide solution for that tank and sump

Albert

In large tanks I think it maybe better to use 2 model "A"s which will help to distribute the oxygen around the tank but I have also used one with 9% and 2 catalysts.

albertthiel

now to find one I can buy. theshrimptank.com says they are out of the A's.

Try saltwater-conversion.com and see whether they have any in stock

Albert

jamescstein

Try saltwater-conversion.com and see whether they have any in stock

Al

They do have the larger ones :) Ordered.

albertthiel

I use only straight 35% in my tank as my system is habituated to 3% and its useless. I have videos of mushroom corals soaked for 5 mins in straight 35% fully immune lol then reproducing en masse two days later to the point they are wiping out my tank

Strong peroxide causes stress induced pedal laceration in corallimorphs and it will boost reproduction massively. Somebody send me a 200$ candy mushroom frag and ill ship you back nine in two months :)

Seriously, soon breeders may find something useful in this.

This is amazing to me because I spilled three drops once on my Formica cabinet and hard as it is, the bubbly warped it ruined like battery acid.

MartinER from last page wrote in 2010 in a peroxide read online that it could cook your eye and I do believe that so Ive always been mega careful. I am astounded that any kid could go into natures way health food and buy a quart of this stuff, terribly thankful I didn't know about this when I was 15 as injury would have closely followed all the strange things you can do with it.

My pico is mega old and as such aggressive coralline and hard micro algae form on the glass inside so bi monthly a drain and rub down internally with 35 prevents all scraping of the glass and it will burn anything off the glass such as calcareous micro algae, I've never seen anything work better and every coral I have including sps can now take minor direct, emersed contact with undiluted 35 so there is an interesting case study in metabolic habituation developing. Even my coral banded shrimp would get a drip runoff at times and right when I thought he was a bubbly corpse he would be alive next day.

I support the oxydator and would use one if they made a three inch model but they don't, so some have to straight dose due to sizing. I believe it would truly slow the micro algae based on its general characters and the myriad posts over the years and from German bee shrimp forums. those delicate animals will not tolerate direct dosing of 35% as I've killed some of mine by wiping down freshwater tanks the same way.

Animals are showing stark, amazing biological contrasts to inherent and developed reactions to oxidizers that occur as natural by products in cellular metabolism and one would think something concentrated up to 35% that burns rock would naturally kill everything in a reef tank but it does not! these animals amazing. In my opinion we know very well now after five years of hardcore peroxide in the reef work what tolerates it and what doesn't. In all that time and reading Ive never seen one death of any organism attributed to the oxydator and there are tons of losses posted on the known sensitives when using the straight dose of even weakly 3%

Positively the oxydator is much safer as a constant

Straight liquid is better for problem algae management and a quick fix. It seems to me that its much safer to dilute 35 half over twice to get the 6-7 range vs boiling? Maybe people don't know the 35 is right in the health food fridge down the street, avail to anyone cheap.

I have never used 30% (?) straight into a tank

So I cannot comment on your contribution Brandon but thanks for sharing your experience

Albert

albertthiel

They do have the larger ones :) Ordered.

Glad to read you got one from saltwater-conversion.com

Albert

albertthiel

le vid of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fk8R3clElQ

look at that mad, mad froth on the mushroom stuck to the side of the pico. 3% wont party like that

he divided into 20 and im glad for majano wands because im finally getting them out.

Quite an undertaking there Brandon ....

And btw 35% H202 ?

And where do you get it from ? Did you mention a Health food Store ?

Thanks for sharing

Albert

Yes just like that, I think it's the most caustic otc item I've ever seen for sale in retail. its food grade cert, and they sell it for diluting and washing fruit (excellent) and diluting for a bath

tickles

:)

One drop in the eye, corneal egg blanch. no second chance

No special warning, its vended like dasani check all healthfood stores by calling, found my source first go

it is safe to down dilute twice over and arrive at 6ish I can't see the hassle of boil reduction

Hmmm, for the 18 bucks for the mini plus the 9% peroxide costing like 15 bucks, I may give it a try. Can't really hurt.

Tibbsy,

Did you decide to try this? I just ordered one to try with my IM Fusion 10. It should be interesting. Cheep compared to all of the other equipment for the tank.

CronicReefer

Tibbsy,

Did you decide to try this? I just ordered one to try with my IM Fusion 10. It should be interesting. Cheep compared to all of the other equipment for the tank.

You won't regret it, best investment I think I've made so far. It's been in my tank for 3 days and my sand looked like it was brand new today. My pH is also staying above 8.0 which I've never been able to achieve.

atoll,

An considerations for the use of the oxydator with a protein skimmer? Also, my tank just finished cycling a week ago. Any reason to delay installation beyond when I receive it?

Thanks.

albertthiel

Yes just like that, I think it's the most caustic otc item I've ever seen for sale in retail. its food grade cert, and they sell it for diluting and washing fruit (excellent) and diluting for a bath

tickles

:)

One drop in the eye, corneal egg blanch. no second chance

No special warning, its vended like dasani check all healthfood stores by calling, found my source first go

it is safe to down dilute twice over and arrive at 6ish I can't see the hassle of boil reduction

Interesting ... I get mine off eBay

And on the boiling that concentrates it and it should never be let to boil due to the the risk of explosions ....

Diluting with distilled water is what I do personally

Albert

Nope no reason to delay installation of your Oxydator once the tank cycles. You may find your skimmate is a little lighter in colour from your skimmer but I don't think you will notice any less skimmate produced.

We can no longer buy 35% hydrogen peroxide here in the UK without a licence to do so. The highest % we can over the counter is 12%. When diluting be sure to use distilled or RO water to the required %.

Archived