ReefCleaners.org

10 gallon sump.

pandabehr

Does anyone here have any ideas on how to make a 10 gallon sump. I will be using it for an upcoming 29 gallon nano. I have a 10 gallon aga tank and tons of eggcrate and plexi glass.

I plan on using a cpr 90 overflow (300 gallons per hour) to get the water to the sump.  i was going to use a maxijet (Not sure on what model) for return. I want a basic sump to add more water volume, Id also like to house mangroves in a refugium area. I dont plan on using bioballs or any other media. I plan on installing a small protein skimmer, maybe a sea clone (does anyone have any suggestions).

Thanks for the feedback.

Lunchbucket

so you just want to use an aga 10gal?  why not just add some baffles.  easy enough.

also, i wouldn't trust a cpr overflow!!

Lunchbucket

cant you just have a gravity pulled water flow down into the 10 gal tank then have a return tube up with a pump, or mayb you can use a powerhead for water return.

assuming you have an iron stand, you could use a 20 gal LONG and achieve what you want and have plenty of room. Id silicone a set of water fall  "wall" barriers in decending heights between the sections and use them to restrict water flow in each area so as to make the sump work better. its easy.

LOOK ! its a neeked chicken !

I would said stay away from cpr overflow. I did a search on RC and some members had flooding issue in the past. Recommanded lifereef/amiracle.  For quality lifereef and price amiracle($40). My current 10gal sump/refugs(3 ft undertank) with amiracle and maxijet 1200 return been running for couple weeks and no potential flooding(I tested all the seneriaos except the connection of pvc pipe leaks).

Archived