Coral Vue Hydros

Blue bristle worm wut in the fuq?!? pics

Catbus

found this fu**ker underneath an acan of mine.. tried catching him when he was under a brain last week. now i have him though.. should i be concerned??

DSC_0227-1.jpg

he is really metalic blue, picture doesn't do it justice but can try and get better ones, he's sitting beside me lol

I've seen blue/red ones before.

Couldn't tell you why it's like that but not sure theres any reason to be extremely concerned cause they're blue

Better wait for another to chime in

I've seen blue/red ones before.

Couldn't tell you why it's like that but not sure theres any reason to be extremely concerned cause they're blue

Better wait for another to chime in

was startled because i have tons of the regular ones, thought this one was eating corals or somthing to get the coloration

Matt.blair24

that'll happen, i had an out break not too long ago in my 20G and some had blue coloration like that! haha, but I've never seen one that blue! whenever i catch them i like to torture them in different liquids because they ruin some corals :angry:

Islandoftiki

Seriously, throw it in a bag and I'll pay for the shipping. PM me if you'd be willing to ship it priority mail.

skimlessinseattle

I'll never understand why some people hate bristleworms. That specimen is not a coral predator, rather a beneficial scavenger.

I'll never understand why some people hate bristleworms. That specimen is not a coral predator, rather a beneficial scavenger.

You ever been poked by one? If I see 'em and can get 'em, I pull them

Matt.blair24
What they said... Wow if true.

I cought mine eating throught lots of my zoas so they definetly piss me of, call me crazy but that's what I do whenever I catch them. Usually just tap water.

well flushed the one i had, maybe there are more. if not i'm not too worried. it was menacing looking bein all blue and such

lakshwadeep
well flushed the one i had, maybe there are more. if not i'm not too worried. it was menacing looking bein all blue and such

Yeah, because blue is a scary color... :P

I cought mine eating throught lots of my zoas so they definetly piss me of, call me crazy but that's what I do whenever I catch them. Usually just tap water.

:mellow:

You can't say much about someone drowning worms in various liquids. All of us are guilty of injecting citric acids into living organisms on a daily basis, a long with boiling water and hydrogen peroxide. Ever do a peroxide dip on a rock? Every worm finds his way out to die.

You can't say much about someone drowning worms in various liquids. All of us are guilty of injecting citric acids into living organisms on a daily basis, a long with boiling water and hydrogen peroxide. Ever do a peroxide dip on a rock? Every worm finds his way out to die.

I think describing it as "torturing with various liquids" is very telling of the mindset.

harmless--even beneficial really

here's one of my variety

OMG HOW COULD YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT WITH THAT IN YOUR HOUSE? :scarry:

Yeah, because blue is a scary color... :P

f6be399e.jpg

I think describing it as "torturing with various liquids" is very telling of the mindset.

Touché. This is true.

They should rename this section "Identification for the Recently Departed" Forum.

Summary of typical thread:

OP: Eeeek what is this?!?!?!?!??!

1st post: IDK, but kill it with fire!!!!!!!

2nd through 8th post: Repeat of 1st post

9th Post: It's a harmless beneficial inhabitant of of your in home, recreated natural reef, leave it be.

10th post: OP - I've already flushed it, creeped me out too much.

End rant

They should rename this section "Identification for the Recently Departed" Forum.

Summary of typical thread:

OP: Eeeek what is this?!?!?!?!??!

1st post: IDK, but kill it with fire!!!!!!!

2nd through 8th post: Repeat of 1st post

9th Post: It's a harmless beneficial inhabitant of of your in home, recreated natural reef, leave it be.

10th post: OP - I've already flushed it, creeped me out too much.

End rant

Quote material.

Archived