Coral Vue Hydros

120 Gal Build (48"x24"x24")

best3175

I've started an 120 Gallon Reef Ready Aqueon Tanks. Tank was purchased used on April 15, 2012. The stand is a black pine stand.

Dimensions

• Display: 48x24x24 from 1/2" glass w/2 each backwall overflows
  • Sump:
  • Stand: 48x24x28

Equipment

• Pump: Mag-Drive Pond Utility Pump - Model 12B
  • 1200 gph, 15 feet head height
  • Powerheads:
  • Protein Skimmer:
  • Lighting: Coralife Aqualight Pro 2 x 250 Watt HQI Metal Halides, 2 x 96 Watt Power Compact, 4 x 1 Watt moonlight LEDs
  • Reactor:
  • Heater:
  • Cooler:
  • Automatic Top Off:
  • Electronics:

Maintenance

• RO/DI:
  • Salt:
  • Test Kits:
  • Water changes:
  • Carbon and GFO:
  • Feedings:

Current Pictures

Aquarium

1drrdl.jpg

Stand

0CaVEl.jpg

I'm currently doing a build on the same exact tank. I am building a stand for it here in the next week. I am going to do a tall stand though. Good luck with the build.

I am focusing on the stand. I want to waterproof the inside by lining with something that can hold small leaks.

9eOAHl.jpg

The Pine stand also has gaps. Since I plan to run a refugium, I want to seal these so the light does not shine through the stand.

I want to lay out the stand and install shelving and a light inside the stand.

Finally, I need a rug for the stand to set on to help catch loose water and keep it off the carpet.

I'm currently doing a build on the same exact tank. I am building a stand for it here in the next week. I am going to do a tall stand though. Good luck with the build.

I am considering building a base to raise the stand 4" to 6" higher. I would also like the base to have legs in order to access under the stand. I have seen to many aquarium stands ruin carpet with salt creep, wood stain, and weight.

I've always like the look of the Solana 67 XL stand.

solana.jpg

saltwatercoral

I have a 120 also! Check out my sig for more pics and details. Here is my hardware list, it may help you get some ideas on what to use!

Hardware list:

120g Perfecto tank, 48x24x24 (120g) (corner overflow)

Monterey Stand

Monterey canopy

3 AI Black SOL Blue units with 1 AI controller

Eshopps DLX pro 200 sump

Reef Octopus OCTX-200XS

1 Koralia 1400 gph Wave Pump (soon to be replaced with another MP40wEs)

1 MP40wEs

950 GPH water Pump (1 spare)

Reefkeeper elite system w/net plus 2 extra PC4 power strips

MaxPure MPDI RO-DI 90GPD

TDS Water Monitor

2 Marineland 200W Heaters

1 extra Hydro 150w heater for mixing salt

1 32g Brute trash can on wheels (mixing salt)

Reef Fusion 1&2 Calcium, Alk Dose

PhosBan Reactor with adjustable Mini-Jet 606 pump

Refractometer

PS: Dont use Marineland heaters.. I just had one fail on me and it was stuck always on. Fortunatly I was able to catch it before it was to late, get the Eheim Jäger heaters. They are the best from what I hear.

Thanks for profile. I have actually been watching your build. I am curious to see how your LEDs work for coral growth. I have always wanted HQIs, but LEDs would be cheaper in the long run. I am just not sure with this large of a tank.

I will spend the next couple of weeks working on the stand. Then to the fun stuff...

Well that settles it. I just won this eBay auction for a Coralife Aqualight Pro 2 x 250 Watt HQI Metal Halides, 2 x 96 watt power compacts, and 4 x 1 watt LEDs. I'll need new bulbs but should still come out ahead.

I Hope to start on the stand base this weekend. I plan to raise the stand 6".

Archived