Coral Vue Hydros

Biggest mistakes or bad purchases?

lagunastudio

lagunastudio
Sexy shrimp. Munched on my sps....cute but evil

glad you mentioned this I've been wanting one of these. man i'm done with shrimp unless it's a blood..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When people tell you that you dont need a QT at all. BIG FAIL.

QT your water if you can lol. my next tank. Nothing gets in my tank. without some seroius inspection. dipping. QT time. photograped and listed and FDA approval. lol

:(

I really like emerald crabs and sexy shrimp. Never had a problem with any of them, and I've had several of both.

But I will say this... Never trust a brittle-star bigger than your face.

brittle_Starfish.jpg

I lost a leapord wrass to one once. A freak'n leapord wrass! :angry:

04.28.2007-4.jpg

I would have rather fed it lobster.

joining nano-reef ;)

+1. I probably would be happy with my aiptasia infested BC14 with a yellow tang and three blue chromis. Nope I find this place with all your pretty tanks and beautiful corals..... Two tanks and thousands of dollars later...... Here I am happily addicted. Thank you very much.

lagunastudio
Thinking that I cleaned a powerhead enough before putting it in my tank, lost some live stock

really? like new out of the box you rinsed it then put it in your tank then some fish died? How do you clean new powerheads or gear to be put in your tank or in line now?

Tap water, trying to use inexpensive equipment, and not keeping a quarantine tank for corals to watch for hitchhikers.

Also, and this one still haunts me, forgetting to turn off the RO/DI unit :facepalm:

28g nano noob

listening to lfs buyin cheap 9 watt t5 then bought a clam smh feel so dumb now also using a power head for water changes and forgetting after u unplug it it still siphones water glad it was only a 10g

+1. I probably would be happy with my aiptasia infested BC14 with a yellow tang and three blue chromis. Nope I find this place with all your pretty tanks and beautiful corals..... Two tanks and thousands of dollars later...... Here I am happily addicted. Thank you very much.

:wub:

Buying a piece of live rock with aiptasia because I thought I was getting away with a free anenome

That's priceless.

Not buying the premium equipment early...

-Get a sump, and the best skimmer/lights you can

+Spend $$$ on a nice tank too

altolamprologus

Letting other people tell me what I can't do even though research told me otherwise. That has to be the biggest one

Blennylover14

Biggest mistake is how I always change my mind and upgrade or down size a tank.. Never can truly be satisfied.......

Archived