Coral Vue Hydros

Unofficial "TANKED" Season Two Discussion

Euphyllia

Just saw an ad on N-R for the second season of Tanked. Tomorrow night at 9 E/P. Who's going to be watching? :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH! I don't know what to make of those guys...lol. They were suppose to have produced their own line of products to speed up the cycling process. Haven't seen it yet.

sjnovakovich

I'm watchin'. Its great entertainment and last season actually pushed me to go from fresh to salt. Of course, I had a lot of knowledge and experience so I knew that the show was a "show" and not real life. I think those guys are great ambassadors for the aquarium hobby.

UGH! I don't know what to make of those guys...lol. They were suppose to have produced their own line of products to speed up the cycling process. Haven't seen it yet.

Meh... I enjoy watching the show just because its cool what they can do with the tanks. The only thing that bugs me is when they go to hand-pick the fish and they're all like "DERP *takes puffer fish out of water* DERP DERP DERP IT CAN FLY DERP!" and also when they're like "Yeah, you gotta make sure the pH is right otherwise the fish will DIE so we're just going to put them in after no cycle DERP!" Otherwise, I like the show. And the characters are neat. :)

altolamprologus

The show would be better if those guys didn't act so incredibly stupid. I watched a couple episodes of the last season, but I just found myself shaking my head and wondering why natural selection hasn't taken them out yet.

HecticDialectics

inb4 noobs don't even have a tenth the knowledge of any single person on the show rip on it for being so horrible and wrong and ish

inb4 noobs don't even have a tenth the knowledge of any single person on the show rip on it for being so horrible and wrong and ish

inc

and i like this show too, too bad i don't get animal planet so i have to wait 2 weeks for online sites to have episodes :(

Its been said online they are using established biofilters/media as a ready cycle, wondering if that's been confirmed on the show yet

Its been said online they are using established biofilters/media as a ready cycle, wondering if that's been confirmed on the show yet

Honestly if you think about it, their tanks have to be successful or they would not have the high end client lists they do. They may act dumb and stupid on camera, but I doubt that is completely true. The cultured filters and possible cycled water is probably a good call how they can do instant setups.

altolamprologus
Honestly if you think about it, their tanks have to be successful or they would not have the high end client lists they do. They may act dumb and stupid on camera, but I doubt that is completely true. The cultured filters and possible cycled water is probably a good call how they can do instant setups.

I've set up quarantine tanks that way and it's entirely possible and probably that they do that. It would be nice if they actually said something though so people don't the idea that you just fill the tank up with water and add the fish that same day.

The show would be better if those guys didn't act so incredibly stupid. I watched a couple episodes of the last season, but I just found myself shaking my head and wondering why natural selection hasn't taken them out yet.

+100 lol. I just cant stand listening to them. Its much more interesting if you watch it on mute. The show would be alot better if they left all the lame, rehearsed pranks out. I watch because its the only aquarium show on tv. Its better than nothing. And i am looking forward to season 2. Im willing to bet with all the internet backlash they add a little more "tech" to the show.

I give a ####! :happy:

F yeah

More that watch more that will come in to the hobby more money for jet fuel bitges

317696_10101129694989120_13929279_73092790_304494882_n.jpg

Ah, that guys is the WORST! He like picked up a fish out of the water in his hand and held it there to talk about it. That's the one that needs to be taken out by natural selection. :lol:

I'll be watchin for sure, it's better than nothing. Granted it has some goofy characters, add water and you have an ocean type feel. Still at the end of the day it's a tv production, nothing less its Salty entertainment. The production value and marketing is for the general public, not the educated reefer. Where else can you see a tank build where monies not the limiting factor? It would be cool to see more of the equipment that goes into these builds though. Either way I'll be watching for a Cameo of Stevie now...

Using established filters really does do wonders, and provided they are mature enough and the bioload not too high they do indeed allow for a no-cycle system to be set up.

TFH just had an article about theses guys. In there it says it takes 60 hours of footage to 40 minutes of T.V. not sure if that's true or not. I just wanna see the K.I.S.S. themed tank that there doing at the golf course! :happydance:

I really do not like having them represent the aquarium industry (ambassador)

Even the tanks aren't great...

USE REAL ####ING CORAL!

Then we'll see...

A better show would be a couple of veteran aquarists (have tanks themselves) who go around and fix tank crashes (viewers call in) so they "pimp" it out so to speak, fixing the crash relaying facts and helpful tips to the viewers on things to avoid and solutions for the wide variety of problems that a beginner may face. A extra thing would be a before and after (maybe show the tank a year later)

Throughout the show they could do a unboxing or two

30 mins

However they won't just completely overhaul/strip the tank to add fancy equipment

They use practical methods and use real coral

Need to tank a breath, that was a mouthful! :P

Amphiprion1

Maybe it's the biologist in me talking, but I wish they'd devote more time to the animals rather than how they fabricate aquariums. It's cool that they can turn random things into aquaria, but a lot of people do that and without bragging as much. Why not have a show that focuses more on what actually goes in the tanks (and what happens in those tanks)?

altolamprologus
Maybe it's the biologist in me talking, but I wish they'd devote more time to the animals rather than how they fabricate aquariums. It's cool that they can turn random things into aquaria, but a lot of people do that and without bragging as much. Why not have a show that focuses more on what actually goes in the tanks (and what happens in those tanks)?

I couldn't agree more.

I think If they focused more on the livestock it wouldn't be as good I believe. IMHO I think keeping the focus on the tanks is the best way to go IMO.

IMO I think If they IMHO focused more on IMO the livestock it wouldn't be as good IMO I believe. IMHO I think keeping the focus on the IMO tanks is the best way to go IMO....... in my opinion

ftfy

Archived