SaltCritters.com

anyone been to Tahiti? looking for reccomendations

alaskan84

Hey Everyone, I'm going to be taking an 11 day trip to Tahiti twords the end of June and I was wondering if anyone has ever gone before? I think we are staying at the Hotel Intercontinental for a few nights and then the other half of the nights will be spent over the water on a lanai(spelling?) I am looking for any activity recommendations if anyone's been before. Things I am interested in

Snorkling of course

Jet Skiing--maybe a tour as well

SNUBA** I cant seem to find info on if SNUBA is available anywhere in Tahiti. I have info on a couple different helmet dives, but would really prefer a snuba experience to a helmet dive.

Kayaking

I'm super excited!

5457265958_115c49f0b1_o.jpg

Went there for our honeymoon, Moorea (at the intercontinental...gorgeous), Huahine and Bora Bora in an overwater bungalow. Fed the fish through a hole in the floor and could walk out onto the deck and go snorkeling.

If your into reefs and fish your going to love it. I went on an excursion to swim with sharks, stingrays and lots of snorkeling. Plus rented a bugster and went exploring the islands. Indescribably beautiful.

Once in a lifetime experience...enjoy!

Went there for our honeymoon, Moorea (at the intercontinental...gorgeous), Huahine and Bora Bora in an overwater bungalow. Fed the fish through a hole in the floor and could walk out onto the deck and go snorkeling.

If your into reefs and fish your going to love it. I went on an excursion to swim with sharks, stingrays and lots of snorkeling. Plus rented a bugster and went exploring the islands. Indescribably beautiful.

Once in a lifetime experience...enjoy!

Thanks Risk, Im hoping to be able to take some boat trips to surrounding islands, possible Bora Bora. I was soo hoping there would be a hole in the floor for the overwater bungalows as well :) Whats the bugster all about? kinda like a 4 wheeler?

Thanks Risk, Im hoping to be able to take some boat trips to surrounding islands, possible Bora Bora. I was soo hoping there would be a hole in the floor for the overwater bungalows as well :) Whats the bugster all about? kinda like a 4 wheeler?

Yup, I got it at a car rental place, Its sort of like an open wheeled go cart for 2. We used it to tour around the island.

post-71742-1334606392_thumb.jpg

Anything you can do in the water I'd recommend. I never got over the idea of laying on the beach for a while, then heading 20' into the water and seeing all the fish I can normally only see in my lfs. Clowns, tangs man its awesome.

• 3 months later...

Archived