ReefCleaners.org

Wyoming White Clownfish

Powerboat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know what are the parents of the Wyoming White clownfish?

They are Ocellaris clowns. Just as Platinums are Percs.

They came from regular ocellaris? How is that?

"C-quest reported that the strain started showing up in 2006, in the batches of three different older pairs of Amphiprion ocellaris which looked completely normal in every respect. The first crossings of the Wyoming Whites yielded only 10-15 solid white fish per clutch. Over the last couple years C-quest has been trying different crosses and pairings to encourage the wyoming whites to breed true and they now have much more stable genes which should yield a high percentage of fish with the all white body coloration."

Natural/Random Mutation.

"C-quest reported that the strain started showing up in 2006, in the batches of three different older pairs of Amphiprion ocellaris which looked completely normal in every respect. The first crossings of the Wyoming Whites yielded only 10-15 solid white fish per clutch. Over the last couple years C-quest has been trying different crosses and pairings to encourage the wyoming whites to breed true and they now have much more stable genes which should yield a high percentage of fish with the all white body coloration."

Natural/Random Mutation.

What he said!

Essentially they found fish displaying a lot of white and bred for the trait.

OK I guess that makes sense. Thank you. Do you know where can I buy a pair? Can't find any sale info online.

Good Luck - they are increasingly difficult to come across - rrgc50 just bred some but I think he got 2 out of the entire clutch - the rest will either be fancy whites or regular ocellaris.

• 1 month later...
Iibluewater sometimes has them but they are very pricey.

at the moment noone has any available, last time ibluewater had any was about a year ago and they only had a young pair....

at the moment noone has any available, last time ibluewater had any was about a year ago and they only had a young pair....

At the moment I am the only one to successfully produce any since cquest. Others have tried but still have not. I have a friend that is producing viable eggs from his pair but he does not want it to be known yet. So when he gives me the thumbs up I will let you know.

At the moment I am the only one to successfully produce any since cquest. Others have tried but still have not. I have a friend that is producing viable eggs from his pair but he does not want it to be known yet. So when he gives me the thumbs up I will let you know.

I spoke to Bob at ibluewater and he does not have any. I heard a rumor that there are breeding them successfully in Japan, but can't find any online.

Can you post pictures of yours? I would love to see them as babies. I almost bought some the other day, but they turned out to be the Platinum ones. Post pics of yours so I can see what they look like and also so me or no one else gets burned by someone else trying to sell Wyoming Whites and the are really Platinum. Thanks for the message and we all look forward to your photographs :D

I spoke to Bob at ibluewater and he does not have any. I heard a rumor that there are breeding them successfully in Japan, but can't find any online.

Can you post pictures of yours? I would love to see them as babies. I almost bought some the other day, but they turned out to be the Platinum ones. Post pics of yours so I can see what they look like and also so me or no one else gets burned by someone else trying to sell Wyoming Whites and the are really Platinum. Thanks for the message and we all look forward to your photographs :D

actually theres more breeders out there that will have some soon that i know as well but it'll be a couple months, so it shouldn't be long....

Depends just like any other clown when it is first produced it will yield a high demand($200-$250)a baby but after a couple month's and more breeders breeding them they will come down in price..there's tons of breeders breeding now and im 100% sure we will be flooded with clowns soon and not enough buyers,on that note im working on producing an all white occellaris with select pairs that i have paired but time will tell, you have others on here that are actually breeding 2 ww and they should be successful soon, or at least i hope..

• 4 weeks later...
US Marine Coral
I have a friend that is producing viable eggs from his pair.

Hi. Did your friend get any babies yet from his pair? I am thinking about selling my pair of Wyoming Whites.

Hi. Did your friend get any babies yet from his pair? I am thinking about selling my pair of Wyoming Whites.

I have not talked to him in a few weeks.

How bad of shape are they in that you would just get rid of them?

I'm a collector first then a breeder, I guess, because I would never get rid of my male. I don't care if he never produced a egg. Same thing with my thiellei. They are the true rarities in this hobby

US Marine Coral
How bad of shape are they in that you would just get rid of them?

My Wyoming Whites are in great shape silly :)

I am only thinking about selling them because I found another pair of them that are laying eggs too. This way I could sell mine so someone else could have a laying pair as well and I could breed the new ones and share the babies with other collectors. WIn-Win for everyone :D

PM me if you would like to discuss further...

Sorry OP...back on track

I am only thinking about selling them because I found another pair of them that are laying eggs too. This way I could sell mine so someone else could have a laying pair as well and I could breed the new ones and share the babies with other collectors. WIn-Win for everyone :D

Sorry OP...back on track

Sorry

That did not come out right.

Just confused me why

Sorry OP...back on track

Sorry

That did not come out right.

Just confused me why

Sorry OP...back on track

dont do it brian , dont do it.....trust me... thought you would be the first to produce an all white wyoming white like an original c-quest.... keep trying it'll be worth it.

No worries mates! You can talk about Wyoming Whites all you want :mellow:

Especially if it's about making babies. Hurry up you breeders and get me some real WW babies.

No worries mates! You can talk about Wyoming Whites all you want :mellow:

Especially if it's about making babies. Hurry up you breeders and get me some real WW babies.

lots of people are waiting for them trust me..lots and when someone does produce them its gonna be crazy for a bit , but eventually i think it'll calm down just like the platnium phase did, now platniums are boring....lol

• 5 weeks later...
So has anyone got any of these gems for sale yet?!? who's got them breeding and where's the babies!!

They are out there,but it gonna cost u a arm,leg n maybe an eye hehehe!!!

Archived