SaltCritters.com

Who would like a better forum?

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Would you like the forum software to be upgraded to a faster system, with many more features and functions, such as polls?  I'm in the mood for something new...so tell me if you'd like to see it too!

The new system would be vBulletin software, similar to what is used on Reefcentral, reefland, reefaquariumguide, and many others.

change is always good, but there comes the ups and downs with it. The major down is if the migration over to the new message board will be smooth. We may loose all our post, images etc..

Christopher Marks

Everything will be converted over.  Only a few small things might get lost.  All important things like members, topics, threads, forums, etc will be moved smoothly.

BustytheSnowMaam

This reply probably won't help much but I like this format much better than Reef Central's.

Tasha

Christopher Marks

I'm really shooting for some added functions and speed, as well as security.  This current system is not very stable, and it sometimes 'loses' posts.  But I agree with you Tashayar.  I am going to do my best to simplify the looks of it, and make it somewhat similar to this board.

I've also tried to convert this forum to some other software types with no luck.  It seems as though vB has the best conversion system.

Instead of switching to a whole new system, why not get iB 3.1?  Much more feature rich than the buggy 2.XX version your running now.

If you want some info or help on it, give me a holler.

NaNO ReeFiN

I agree with tashayar, I like the format we currently have... but, if it's to help add function and speed, I'd say go for it. The only thing I'd like to stay the same is the color scheme we currently have, it's easy on the eyes..

i like the board the way it is and somthing getting lost once in a while really doesn't bother me. if other members would prefer a more stable board, i say go for it. i just like this board because it is so simple to use and understand

Christopher Marks

Well, here goes nothing!  The board will be closed while I import everything over.  The new board will have the ugly default skin for awhile, but I will edit it to make it look like this one.  No worries!

Christopher Marks

Well, nearly everything was converted over successfully! I think the only major thing lost was the avatars. From this point I'll be working to make the forums look like the rest of the site.

try user CP...its just like reef central. hey the page is completely messed up man. the menus are to the right and the edit post is to the left.

NaNO ReeFiN

Sweet! Everythings starting to look like the old nano-reef again! Except this is the penthouse version... You got me Chris, I like it!!

Archived