SaltCritters.com

fifty50's Reef Octopus 32g

fifty50

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added the additional CUC today. Also added a ball of chaeto in the skimmer section of the sump. Need to get a light for it now.

It's been nearly a week since changing around the bulbs. I'm definitely like the new bulb combo much better! Now have front to back; Blue+, Coral+, Purple+, Blue+.

Also....I think I had enough of adjusting my euroreef skimmer that I had for years and took out of storage for this tank. Think I'm going to upgrade to something modern. SWC 120 is looking mighty fine.

I see. Any growth? :D

Pictures will help.

Seeing great growth! I mounted the sps last week on live rock and already growing on the rock. Everything doing well! Can't wait to see the difference in a few months at this rate!

• 2 weeks later...

SWC120 been running since Tuesday afternoon. nice amount of nog in almost 4 days. more than the previous skimmer, euroreef rs80, in the same amount of time. haven't tuned the SWC yet either with the air intake yet. also love that i don't have to adjust water level ever time i turn it off/on for a feeding. always had to re-tune the euroreef after a feeding. size of the swc is also much smaller as well! i get space back in the sump!

photo.jpg

looking forward to the swc when tuned!

tank is just shy of 2mo old now and things are doing well. just have an algae outbreak on the rock; oh well. 2mo anniv pics to come this weekend. stay tuned!

couple quick shots. really have to set some time aside and learn how to take better photos of the tank. everything looks washed out in what I take! def not the case in person!

ordered a few mesh filter socks. noticing a bunch of 'stuff' suspended in the water column when all pumps are off. socks should take care of that for some crystal clear water!

please excuse the algae bloom on the rock.

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

FTS 6/24:

IMG_0221.JPG

Nice setup. That hammer pops under those lights.

Thanks! Just wish it would grow to reoccupy the rest of its skeleton. Soon after I got it last year, half of it died so half of the skeleton has been empty for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on this sexy tank?

just letting things grow out. haven't seen anything on the local forums for me to pick up coral wise.

added a cleaner and fire shrimp last week. thinking of what other fish to add still. now kinda leaning towards a trio of blue reef chromis and a midas blenny. color differences between these fish and the black ice clownfish currently in there should be nice.

Deleted User 4

Ahh I see. Btw, is there any way you can break off that middle arch in place between the two scapes? Just wondering because I think the scapes alone will be a 2-islander which would be prettier imo. Unless you really like the arch then of course I'm not recommending it. Just a little suggestion ahha.

• 4 weeks later...

realized I hit the 3mo mark on this tank the other day. I'll try to get some decent shots and upload some tonight. just a couple new frags added since the last update. otherwise everything going nicely. new branches from the base of SPS!

• 3 weeks later...

better late than never! I even played with white balance, but I still have a long way to go!

IMG_0244.JPG

vivid rainbows:

IMG_0245.JPG

tyree season greetings monti:

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

candy apple reds with some UBER SLOW growing capt america's:

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

SPS mountain. jesus stag, tricolor, red planet, plum crazy to name a few:

IMG_0271.JPG

ora red planet and it's fast growing falace -_- ...

IMG_0283.JPG

garf purple bonsai:

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0287.JPG

FTS 8/16/12:

IMG_0231.JPG

I need to add some new fish for the clowns to make friends with! enjoy!

Lookks great!! Your snowflake has grown more black.

thanks. pictures don't do the tank justice. :angry:

ps. they're black ice clownfish

few more photos. did some quick googling and took the dive into manual mode! see below for progress!

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0023.JPG

FTS 8/16/12:

IMG_0026.JPG

Sheesh... Just finished doing some much needed maintenance. Full clean out of the skimmer and taking care of aiptasia. Innovative marine fuge LED may be a bit mich for my Chaeto as the light spillage did a number on the inner chamber and bubble plate of the skimmer. I didnt need a turf scrubber! -_-

I'll use the LED as a work light for the sump area and not have it on for reverse cycle anymore! Ordered an inTank submersible led for the Chaeto. Hoping it should be enough light. Also ordered some chemipure elite to help the tank. Been battling some hair algae so I'm hoping the chemipure will help out.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on liveaquaria for the following in the next couple of weeks...

3 blue reef chromis

1 blue linkia star

3 perppermint shrimp

1 blue tuxedo urchin

Tough to find the blue reef chromis at a LFS so thinking of an order to make it worth the overnight shipping!

• 2 weeks later...

few new goodies from LFS trip yesterday:

RBTA about the size of a golf ball; foot already hunkered down deep.

IMG_0043.JPG

blue tuxedo urchin:

IMG_0047.JPG

trip of blue reef chromis:

IMG_0051.JPG

enjoy!

Archived