Innovative Marine Aquariums

fifty50's Reef Octopus 32g

fifty50

ahh I see, so what do you use to check those levels?? haha

Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro test kit.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank has hit the 1mo old mark! To celebrate, I got the following goodies from a local reefer I've dealt with before, and will continue to do so!

ORA PerlBerry

Garf Purple Bonsi

Aussie Yellow Acro

Jesus Stag

Aussie Pink Acro

ORA Valida

Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti

Will post pics later today. Lights are just starting to come on.

I really dig the aquascaping you did with the LR! Looks real good.

Thanks. Looks better now that I removed all the LR from the previous tank, IMO! Now it's the final scape.

Deleted User 4

Nice!!! nice move on removing the old rocks from your new tank!! Looking forward to those new corals you got there.

Nice!!! nice move on removing the old rocks from your new tank!! Looking forward to those new corals you got there.

Yea, that was always the plan. They were just in there to seed the new dry rock. Some now live in the sump along with rock rubble.

Pics will come in a few hours. New frags already opening up nicely!

1mo anniversary photos! This includes a bunch of new SPS that I picked up this morning from a local reefer.

Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti:

IMG_0129.JPG

Top down of the monti and bird of paradise:

IMG_0151.JPG

ORA Red Planet and ORA Tri Color Valida in background:

IMG_0155.JPG

I believe this is the ORA Plum Crazy and all the newbies in the background:

IMG_0156.jpg

Close up of what I believe to be the ORA Plum Crazy:

IMG_0163.JPG

stag:

IMG_0164.JPG

Garf Purple Bonsai in focus (I think this is my new favorite in the tank):

IMG_0176.JPG

Garf Purple Bonsai, Aussie Yellow Acro, Aussie Pink Acro, Jesus Stag, unknown acro (bottom right) and another ORA Valida:

IMG_0178.JPG

FTS 5/27/12

IMG_0126.JPG

Enjoy!

Deleted User 4

Nice fts man. What kind of lights are you running again??? Seems like your corals are bleaching in a way and I'm thinking its the lights that are causing it to.

Nice fts man. What kind of lights are you running again??? Seems like your corals are bleaching in a way and I'm thinking its the lights that are causing it to.

in person nothing is bleaching. probably just my lack of photography skills. lighting is 4x24w T5HO (2 AB Special, 1 Blue+, 1 Purple Plus).

Ahhh, so it is the photos and camera that's misleading.... gahh hate it when those happens...

Agreed!

Deleted User 4

Nice additions again. So, have you decided what other kinds of fish you getting? What about a pom pom crab?? sexy shrimps?

was thinking of midas blenny and a trio of blue/green chromis for the fish. but maybe change it around for a fish that is more of a bottom dweller. I'd love a yasha goby and pistol shrimp pair but I have egg crate in the sand so that wouldn't be good for the pair.

also want a fire shrimp and thinking of a peppermint shrimp to take care of some aiptasia in the tank.

haven't really thought any further but always up for suggestions and have time to add!

Deleted User 4

I feel like you can add a couple anthias as well with the chromis!! Add pom pom crab, anemone shrimp, sexy shrimp. I don't think you should get a blood red shrimp...those get aggressive overtime. A wrasse would be awesome as well.

Pulled the trigger on a few things today. Ordered a quick crew from reefcleaners to beef up the lazy CUC that's currently in there. Crabs included this time around. Also took advantage of the free shipping and added a peppermint shrimp to take care of the aiptasia in the tank.

Also ordered two T5 bulbs; Coral+ and another Blue+.

I currently have (front to back):

AB Special

Blue+

AB Special

Purple+

Decided its a bit too white for my liking. May try the following:

Blue+

Coral+

Blue+

Purple+

What do you guys think?

Archived