Coral Vue Hydros

Tek wave T5

jgpico

I am setting up a 120 gallon mixed reef tank and I am very interested in the tek wave T5 vho light fixture. the tank is 24" by 24" by 48". It uses four 95 watt bulbs that come in four different colors. The 4 colors that the bulbs come in are actinic, ocean blue, ocean white, and ocean day. The only thing I would be worried about is if these bulbs give me enough optins to get the color I am looking for. I like more of a 20k look. Is anyone using this light now? If you are or if you have seen it in action please let me know what you think. Thanks guys/gals

I'm not sure 4 bulbs would give you the water penetration you need at 2 ft. It depends on the reflectors and whether or not you're overdriving the bulbs to some degree, but I'd say a 6 bulb fixture would give you better coverage from front to back regardless. Then again, that really depends on what you're keeping in the sand.

Cutting through the crap, 6 bulb more betterer.

Edit: Oh, and you have much better color options with 6 bulbs. Important tid bit. I know there is a thread dedicated to combos on the lighting forum if you don't like the stock bulbs (sounds like they'll give you a 12k look.)

go led

more spectrum ftw, imo

you have the money you can give me for led? I am planning on doing the T5 now and switch to led if I am not happy with T5 and if I have the money.

gu10 led

not for a 120 gallon reef

you have the money you can give me for led? I am planning on doing the T5 now and switch to led if I am not happy with T5 and if I have the money.

true dat

Archived