inTank Media Baskets

Jacob's angler tank

Jacob042426

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im unsure, ive only kept them on a few separate occasions. once i had a pair in a 4g and they were fine together. But I would be weary of cannibalism

ive read of people keeping a pair of anglers and having them spawn, maybe i could try that if i find them?

Go for it.

Jacob042426

Id love to have a pair of spawning tuberculated anglers! It has become my dream! :lol:

I'm serious about doing it though. :mellow:

altolamprologus

You can keep them together if:

1. Both are the exact same size and well-fed

OR

2. One is female, one is male and they accept each other as mates, in which case the male is usually smaller but doesn't get eaten because fertilizing offspring is more important.

At the Waikiki Aquarium, I saw like three or four anglers in the same tank... Some were smaller than others, but all were very large.

i believe the red was 60, and the purples were 40 a piece. they arent common so unless you get in contact with a hawaiian diver expect to pay more

at the risk of sounding argumentative, I dont recommend you aiming for offsprings. few hobbyists know what they're doing, anglers arent as easy to breed as clowns. and I doubt you have the facilities. anglers of the same size will also try to eat each other. caveat emptor if you decide to buy more than 1.

Jacob042426
i believe the red was 60, and the purples were 40 a piece. they arent common so unless you get in contact with a hawaiian diver expect to pay more

at the risk of sounding argumentative, I dont recommend you aiming for offsprings. few hobbyists know what they're doing, anglers arent as easy to breed as clowns. and I doubt you have the facilities. anglers of the same size will also try to eat each other. caveat emptor if you decide to buy more than 1.

wow, those prices were less than i expected. i dont think i am remotly experienced enough to raise clown fry, so me trying to raise fry would be stupid. ill contact my lfs to see if it is possible for them to get me one, or my grandma has a friend that lives in hawaii that can possibly find a diver to get me one. ;)

Jacob042426

i am going to pm pico again with the new dims. i think i will ask for the aio section to be smaller and in one corner. how does that sound?

:huh:

You're like freaking custom-creating your own tank and stand. It will probably turn out cruddy TBH, so you should spend less money on a pre-built aquarium that will hold water.

Jacob042426

i want high quality custom tank for my bar-mitzvah. what is wrong with that? i dont love most pre-made dimensions.

i want high quality custom tank for my bar-mitzvah. what is wrong with that? i dont love most pre-made dimensions.

Okay. :)

Happy whatever age's birthday you have your barmizhtuhafah on. :)

When you first came on this site didn't you say you had like no money and you were getting like 200$ from your family or something? Now you are in the planning stages of more tanks than I even own and I am an IT guy at a major company. :( give me some of yo money. My next tank would be an angler too.

When you first came on this site didn't you say you had like no money and you were getting like 200$ from your family or something? Now you are in the planning stages of more tanks than I even own and I am an IT guy at a major company. :( give me some of yo money. My next tank would be an angler too.

Sir, I do believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, that the dollar sign comes before the number.

Jacob042426

:ninja:

yup! i started out in this hobby with nothing, and now i have alot. also, it is my bar-mitzvah so peolple are giving me big gifts. :happydance:

try collecting coins off the ground and pocketchange. it adds up.

Archived