Cultivated Reef

Jacob's angler tank

Jacob042426

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob042426
I saw that guy earlier. Very nice specimen :) Liveaquaria has new wartys every week almost

they're expensive though.

altolamprologus
they're expensive though.

Yeah most anglers are, wartys are just extra desirable. They're worth it though! It would just suck if it died

Jacob042426
Yeah most anglers are, wartys are just extra desirable. They're worth it though! It would just suck if it died

do they change colors too?

altolamprologus
then i will collect one color of macros. what shall it be? :lol:

Red. They're easier to take care of and you have more options of species anyway

Jacob042426
Red. They're easier to take care of and you have more options of species anyway

red macros are prettier too.

Dimensions and gallons?

Maybe he meant to have emphasis on the kessil part, and he was actually asking how you think a kessil would be over the tank, not how would it cover the tank.

Jacob, you should really use proper grammar, punctuation and italics on the words you want to emphasize...

Jacob042426
Maybe he meant to have emphasis on the kessil part, and he was actually asking how you think a kessil would be over the tank, not how would it cover the tank.

Jacob, you should really use proper grammar, punctuation and italics on the words you want to emphasize...

ipod typing is hard...

i meant how well would it cover the ridge 24.

dims.- 24"long, 12" tall and 12" wide.

i dont know if it would be good for macros though.

ipod typing is hard...

Plants like 4000K-6500K lighting. So do corals... But we put them under 20K because we're mentally retarded. So go with 4000K-6500K lights, and plants don't need no fancy shiz. They will enjoy PC. :)

altolamprologus
ipod typing is hard...

Kessil makes a 6500k if you really want to waste your money on LEDs. You would need 2 kessils to adequately cover a 24 inch tank. LEDs aren't that great for macros (or really anything IMO) and florescents would be a better option. A 4 bulb T5 would be best

Why dafudge would you want LEDs for a plant? I grew my freaking full-sun, tropical (so direct sunlight not scattered) Nepenthes under 20w T5 LO and 20w T12...

/)_-

Jacob042426
Kessil makes a 6500k if you really want to waste your money on LEDs. You would need 2 kessils to adequately cover a 24 inch tank. LEDs aren't that great for macros (or really anything IMO) and florescents would be a better option. A 4 bulb T5 would be best

i was just curious, i wouldnt want to use it for the plants, im doing t-5's. a 2 bulb fishneedit fixture. which bulb combo should i do?

altolamprologus
i was just curious, i wouldnt want to use it for the plants, im doing t-5's. a 2 bulb fishneedit fixture. which bulb combo should i do?

Get all white, then switch out one of the bulbs with a 6500k

Get all white, then switch out one of the bulbs with a 6500k

My Nepenthes grew fine under 10000K 50/50... The bulbs were even a blueish-purpley color. They grew like weeds. :)

FTR... I mean, plants don't need 5000K bulbs to survive, but it's a good idea...

altolamprologus
All white, 6500k :D

Oh I didn't see the color temp option. Yeah do what Euphy said then if you don't like the aesthetics you can always switch one out for a 10k

altolamprologus
sounds great! how will the ricordias and zoas like it though?

They'll look like crap, but they'll grow like crazy

Archived