SaltCritters.com

6line vs. clown

bryanphillips

bryanphillips

Is it common for a sixline to pick on a clownfish? I thought both were somewhat aggressive but the clown is not at all in comparison to sixline. Its a 10g tank but they occupy completely different regions of the water column. Any ideas guys?

kimotherapy

I'm not much of an expert, but I've heard that six-lines are active, and as a result of that, happier in a tank of 30 gallons or more.

altolamprologus

Clowns usually don't become aggressive until they pair and establish territory. Six lines will become aggressive if not given enough space. Your tank is way too small and that's most likely the root of the problem

Clowns usually don't become aggressive until they pair and establish territory. Six lines will become aggressive if not given enough space. Your tank is way too small and that's most likely the root of the problem

+1

Basketball Prodigy

This

altolamprologus
Okay, thanks guys. I see you said 30 above but what size footprint would be sufficient?

A couple square feet. Longer is better so for example a 20 long is better than a 29 gallon biocube as far as swimming space goes. Even a 15 long could be ok with the right rockwork.

bdaniel5278

i had a sixline and a clown in a 36 gallon bowfront, and the sixline picked on my clown all the time, so he had to go

bryanphillips

I have a 29g that is going to be upgraded to a 65g soon so I may turn this 10g into the 29. We'll see. I am much more inclined to keep the wrasse than the clown if he continues to pick on him regardless of space. Much better swimmer, eater, etc. But thanks for the help guys, I didnt realize they would be that territorial that young.

I had my 4-line kill a blenny for no reason. Just because he was smaller. Wrasses really need plenty of room and rock, but sometimes....they are just bastards

dallasprstn

i had a sixline in a forty gallon tank and he was extremely aggressive towards them. he attacked all my fish in that tank and would attack their eyes. i gave him back to the fish store.

Blennylover14
6 lines are devil-fish

+100

My 6 line I had(Mr.piggy) was to mean I had to sell him to a friend, very cute and cuddly fish.. But there's something inside of them that resembles the devil

Archived