Pod Your Reef

Kept a 5"+ Maxima alive long term?

metrokat

I currently have a maxima that is about 6 inches or bigger that I bought in March of 2010. It's attached to a small rock that I can move pretty much anywhere. It's currently on the sand bed but I have also had it up on some rocks. I run a calcium reactor but have only used it for about half the time I have owned the clam. My crocea is just as old as well and my derasa is about 1 1/2 years old but like most derasas grows the fastest.

I currently have a maxima that is about 6 inches or bigger that I bought in March of 2010. It's attached to a small rock that I can move pretty much anywhere. It's currently on the sand bed but I have also had it up on some rocks. I run a calcium reactor but have only used it for about half the time I have owned the clam. My crocea is just as old as well and my derasa is about 1 1/2 years old but like most derasas grows the fastest.

How big is the maxima?

The clam is about 6" or bigger. You can see it in the pic all the way on the right. The pic was from May.

angledFTS.jpg

I used to have an 8-9" maxima but lost it during a tank crash when moving to a bigger tank. I had it for about 6-8 months with no issues until the crash.

back in Feb 2011

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

edit, here is what I was looking for

IMG_2203.jpg

The clam is about 6" or bigger. You can see it in the pic all the way on the right. The pic was from May.

angledFTS.jpg

I used to have an 8-9" maxima but lost it during a tank crash when moving to a bigger tank. I had it for about 6-8 months with no issues until the crash.

back in Feb 2011

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

:bowdown:

Do you use kalk?

angledFTS.jpg

back in Feb 2011

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

edit, here is what I was looking for

IMG_2203.jpg

Wow.

So to combine both your posts, the maxima is 6 inches and you've had it since may 2010 making it 2.5 years under your care. that's superb!

Some beautiful clams! Starting small with mine really hope to keep it alive as I already love it!

Already talked to Zeph a lot about it too, he's helped calm my nerves on thinking its pinched all the time, haha.

Archived