Pod Your Reef

My 1st SaltCritters Order

MetaTank

So, I recently ordered 15 coral frags from SaltCritters over the easter weekend. I took advantage of a 10% off coupon code, and it totaled $130.50 with free shipping. I attached a message with my order that if they are not able to ship Monday, due to the busy weekend, could they please ship Wednesday instead.

Recieved an email at around 5AM pacific time, confirming that they will ship Wednesday. With the limited coupon code during the holiday, I expected them to have a busy weekend and I didn't place my order till Sunday night, so I fully expected them not to be able to ship monday, but MAN, I recieved my email at like 5AM my time, VERY fast response.

So far I'm pleased with their communication, and I am eagerly awaiting my order this Thursday. I will take pics that night and have a more complete review. but once again, impressed with the speed of the response, and I can only hope their livestock quality matches their customer service!! :) :) :)

In case anyone is wondering, I'm expecting a couple Blastos, 5 different Acan morphs, some Zoas, and some nice WYSIWYG Ricordeas...I think I might have thrown in a Favia and a cheap GSP frag as well.

PICS when you get them!!!!! I have yet to purchase any corals but their prices look pretty decent, I will consider buying from them depending on how healthy yours look.

PICS when you get them!!!!! I have yet to purchase any corals but their prices look pretty decent, I will consider buying from them depending on how healthy yours look.

You got it! I'm setting up a quarantine tank for them today, since I haven't actually cycled the tank they're going in yet! omgomgomg:scarry:omgomgomg

Haha, luckily I've had a bunch of filter floss in my sump from my pair of 3 gallon Picotopes for a month or so; So I'm stuffing it in a couple HOB filters going in the quarantine tank, and they get to hang out in eggcrate for a month or so while I finish my latest build.

Looking forward to seeing your order.

I was happy with mine (just started it small to "test the waters" so to speak). All in all, great communication and everything as described in my review.

Only negative - Aptasia....(I left the Coral Rx at home grrr...)

Looking forward to seeing your order.

I was happy with mine (just started it small to "test the waters" so to speak). All in all, great communication and everything as described in my review.

Only negative - Aptasia....(I left the Coral Rx at home grrr...)

Aptasia, eh? Well, they ARE gonna sit in a quarantine tank for 3-5 weeks, and I'm more than willing to blast aptasia with my blow torch...or heat up a metal skewer red hot and stick it in his hole :o

;)

Well, my order came in a few minutes ago, i'm currently floating everything to temp acclimate...So, lets begin!

I'll start by saying that the box is labeled nicely, "Live Animal" and "Keep Warm" and such...And when I opened it up, it had styrofoam inserts forming a "box" inside the box. I took the lid off, anf there was a NICE LARGE HEATPACK, still warm!!!!!! Also, packing peanuts all the way to the top, so no0 room for things to jostle around in there...

Here's where it starts to get interesting...All the frags are individually bagged, and all the smaller bags are put into one large bag...Well I start taking them out and so far they look great...Mostly clear water, some of the ricordeas are open and showing NICE coloration(in the bag at least...lol) But as I keep pulling frags out of the bag, I begin to notice something amiss...I ordered 15 frags, and after I have pulled my 15 frags out of the bag, I notice THERE ARE MORE BAGS!!! So it turns out they shipped me 19 pieces, NOT 15! Hmm...I'm not sure if someone I ordered wasn't in stock, or if I'm just lucky, but I got 4 extra pieces shipped with my order!

post-70886-1334257716_thumb.jpg

Well, it's almost time to take them out of their bags and pop them into the quarantine tank(which I overflowed slightly by trying to float 19 bags in it, I guess it only had room for 18...lol), and I have to run off to work shortly after, so hopefully I'll be coming hope to lots of happy corals, and I'll be able to do a little better I.D. on them...But I have to say, EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE ORDERING WITH SALTCRITTERS so far!!!

So right off the bat, I got everyone in the quarantine tank, and I gotta say, the colors on the website are pretty dang close, from what I can tell so far...Naturally, not everything is open, but they ARE opening, and look healthy overall...I'm STOKED! Very pleased with the order so far...A couple of the acan frags are pretty small, but the colors are stunning and they shipped 4 extra pieces, so I'm cool...plus I'm sure they're all deflated from the trip, and they'll puff up nicely...

Colors! One of my WYSIWYG Ricordeas

post-70886-1334260212_thumb.jpg

post-70886-1334260361_thumb.jpg

post-70886-1334260401_thumb.jpg

post-70886-1334260486_thumb.jpg

Gotta excuse the washed out iPhone pics, it's just a 3gs, and sucks for capturing colors, but I don't have time to get out the camera right now, supposed to be leaving for wwork, but can't pull myself away...lol

Gotta love getting packages in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats you were one of the 10th orders so you got 4 freebees :)

Sweeeet!! I was wondering, cause it looked like everything I ordered came! Thanks again, I'll have a more thorough review tonight or tomorrow...still at work right now

Wow, awesome prices. This may be the first online purchasing I do for livestock. 125 in coral with free shipping? That's awesome.

So I'm home, and happy to say everything looks good and healthy still...I tried taking pics with my camera, and it wasn't having it, so here are some more iPhone pics...I'm just really pleased with my order, everything is inflating nicely, opening up, looking happy.

post-70886-1334295153_thumb.jpg

post-70886-1334295411_thumb.jpg

post-70886-1334295447_thumb.jpg

My babies look happy in your tank :) Yes i call all my frags my babies lol

Thanks again for everything...I was wondering if you could I.D. a couple of the freebies you sent me?

IMG_0110.jpg

And the green one in the center...

IMG_0100.jpg

This freebies are called ' must send to kat'

Haha...unbagged wrapped in toilet paper inside a manilla envelope standard USPS from SoCal to NY good for you? ;)

Yeah, freebies are awesome!

Archived