SaltCritters.com

Spectrapure refurb RO/DI units

lapoolboy

Anyone purchased one of these???

What kind of blemishes can I expect? The website said they are returned units that have been refurbished, and to expect some slight blemishes.

Can a better system be purchased from BRS for the same money? ($120)

Thanks for your help.

AZDesertRat

Most users report they appear brand new. What Spectrapure said is they sold a large quantity to a business that went belly up so they were returned after sitting on a shelf. At most the housings or bracket may have a scuff or scratch but all the filters and membrabne are brand new. The units have never been used.

You cannot find a comparable unit at BRS or anywhere else for any price since no other treats and tests their RO membranes to improve their performance, custom blends every ounce of their DI resins in house based on thousands of hours of testing or uses 0.5 micron absolute rated filters.

I purchased this refurb unit from Spectrapure late last year. It looked brand new to me, not a scratch on the thing and it works great! I did also purchase the hand held TDS meter which is a must when owning a RO/DI filter. I highly recommend this product.

richardcharliesam

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. It's great and it looks brand new. You're not going to find a better deal unless you pick up a second hand unit. I also picked up an inline tds meter from ebay for $25.00 with no shipping charges.

I purchased the refurb unit back in January and have been very happy with mine. Like others have said, buy the handheld TDS meter so you will be able to tell when it is time to replace the filters. It's a good deal, go for it.

I purchased this refurb unit from Spectrapure late last year. It looked brand new to me, not a scratch on the thing and it works great! I did also purchase the hand held TDS meter which is a must when owning a RO/DI filter. I highly recommend this product.

same here, i bought the refurb last summer and it appeared brand new.

Archived