Cultivated Reef

angler tank.....

ararararar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with a macro tank, you wont even that expensive of a light. even a small pc fixture will do you. I think even a 5g is adequate for most commonly sold maculatus. I rarely see large ones for sale

srsly, how can you say no to this?

Brenda-Blackburn-tuberosus6.jpg

Brenda-Blackburn-tuberosus2.jpg

is something wrong with that thing?

I was thinking the same thing with the biocube 14!

I really think I'm going to do it. :)

I'll hopefully start a thread soon if I'm 100% sure. :)

I am still trying to decide whether a mantis, or this....

I think I'm leaning on getting to a bio14, and a wartskin. :)

O rly?

I am leaning towards the pico too, which model would be better for lots of macros?

What about the biocube or nanocube? More water volume for the angler the better, plus with the heavy feedings if something goes wrong it will be more stable.

macros dont need light like corals do, they thrive off the plant spectrum, so a good 5000K - 6500K is where they thrive, florescent tubes (T5's or T8's) are cheap and I have heard people with crazy success under them with macros, check out an all white 6500K PAR30 from Boost if you want to go that route.

HTH!

Edit: this may help: http://marineplantbook.com/marinebookpage8.htm

Jacob042426

That is why I originally thought a biocube in the first place. the pico is much more appealing aestheticly.ill adk my mom what she wants and that will make the decision. If iget the biocube ill probaby paint it.

Bongo Shrimp
protein is protein man

Maybe true but it's not helpful if you add a few toxins and remove several vitamins.

Bongo Shrimp
What if you feed Mollies and keep tjem in fw and feed the Mollies saltwater food.

I guess that could help. There was an article about this somewhere but I can't find it ATM. That would be better than ghost shrimp I think.

Bongo Shrimp
What did you feed yours?

It was trained on frozen krill at the LFS and then I trained him to eat the formula one cubes. Krill is ok to feed but in moderation cause of the very high fat content.

I guess that could help. There was an article about this somewhere but I can't find it ATM. That would be better than ghost shrimp I think.

This practice is called gutloading, and is typically done with marine flake. I haven't used it personally but it seems to be pretty successful.

Maybe true but it's not helpful if you add a few toxins and remove several vitamins.

Im not disagreeing with you man but the major hurdle is getting it enough protein, which is perfectly fine if you feed it goldfish. He can buy himself a dozen small ones and keep them in a clean environment then gutload them. If he can't wean the angler over to frozen and finds his population of mollies dwindling, its perfectly acceptable to feed well maintained feeders-especially gutloaded.

and hey, thats an excuse for another tank right there

Jacob042426
That angler is awesome! Keep up the good work!

i dont think the op has an angler yet.

are you talking about supernip's?

Im not disagreeing with you man but the major hurdle is getting it enough protein, which is perfectly fine if you feed it goldfish. He can buy himself a dozen small ones and keep them in a clean environment then gutload them. If he can't wean the angler over to frozen and finds his population of mollies dwindling, its perfectly acceptable to feed well maintained feeders-especially gutloaded.

and hey, thats an excuse for another tank right there

i have a 10 gallon fw that is a year old that i was going to taake down, but now it will be my mollie tank. :)

im going to order the biocube 14 and 20lbs of reefsaver rock soon! :)

Archived