Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

angler tank.....

ararararar

hi, i am in love with anglers and am wondering what would be a good tank for one? i am on a budget, and thought a biocube 14 would be good. i want to keep lots of macros too, so i thought it would be good because everything is included. any other suggestions?

thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a wartskin would be wonderful! this is actually my second account, i lost my first one. :(

ill get the biocube soon and keep everyone updated! :)

What do you think your are going to feed this angler? They can be sticklers about food and if you dont have a steady regimen you are screwed.

fresh water.

i will feed them saltwater food to get nutrents.

youve done your research, that is a very good quality ;)

the best species is the tuberculated from hawaii if you can find a nice one. Its just my opinion but I think you should wait until you can afford a set up you really like before getting an angler.

In fact you could probably sucker one of our kind sponsors into perhaps a 10% discount just by pleading a sap story. coughcough picoaquariums

i can afford it, but i want to stick to a budget. i think i want to stick with a wartskin or similar so people can help me easier if i come across problems. a picoaquariums would be great, but it dosnt come with lighting. im going to contact them and see if i can work something out. :)

ok, are you thinking about corals at all for this tank?

a zoa or ric garden would be great along with some macros

with a macro tank, you wont even that expensive of a light. even a small pc fixture will do you. I think even a 5g is adequate for most commonly sold maculatus. I rarely see large ones for sale

srsly, how can you say no to this?

Brenda-Blackburn-tuberosus6.jpg

Brenda-Blackburn-tuberosus2.jpg

with a macro tank, you wont even that expensive of a light. even a small pc fixture will do you. I think even a 5g is adequate for most commonly sold maculatus. I rarely see large ones for sale

srsly, how can you say no to this?

Brenda-Blackburn-tuberosus6.jpg

Brenda-Blackburn-tuberosus2.jpg

i want to get a tank that i wont have to upgrade when it gets bigger. where can you get one of those tuberculated?

altolamprologus
Unfortunately they grow too big for a 14g :( Cute though!

And they change color. It wont stay that color for long

Jacob042426

I was thinking the same thing with the biocube 14!

I really think I'm going to do it. :)

I'll hopefully start a thread soon if I'm 100% sure. :)

I am still trying to decide whether a mantis, or this....

I think I'm leaning on getting to a bio14, and a wartskin. :)

Bongo Shrimp
i have a source for mollies/guppies and ghost shrimp, i will keep a bunch at my house and gutload them too. ;)

You cannot feed freshwater foods to a saltwater angler. There are different oils and other "things" in them not naturally in the diet of a saltwater fish. Doing so can make them quite sick. If it is not already trained you'll have to feed damsels or something else to keep it healthy.

Archived