ReefCleaners.org

AI sol Nano

Reefty

Hey Guys,

This is what Reefty sent to me through paypal. His email is Truereefer@gmail.com and his name is Ty Smith

Ty Smith would like to be paid through PayPal.

Merchant

Ty Smith

Note from merchant

The merchant hasn't sent a note.

Description Amount

Service $225.00 USD

Total $225.00 USD

That part that is bolded, "Service" is what made me concerned.

Unhandleable

+1

Ty Smith would like to be paid through PayPal.

Merchant

Ty Smith

Note from merchant

The merchant hasn't sent a note.

Description Amount

Service $225.00 USD

Total $225.00 USD

That part that is bolded, "Service" is what made me concerned.

Unhandleable
The idea has been tossed around. However, look around at some members post counts. How hard is it for a scammer to rack up say, 100 posts? Even 500? We've had members (honest members) put up more than 100 posts in a day. Granted, most of it is usually nonsense. However, is someone really going to take the time to check if the member has been a contributing member? Most don't even check here or the vendor trader feedback forum to see if anything has ever come up before.

You can do a minimum post/minimum time.

Reef Central for example has a 50/90, minimum of 50 posts and 90 days to even see the For Sale section. I think that would help out a bit, you're always going to have crime and scammers but the key is to make them work as hard as possible to try to do their fraud.

RayWhisperer

You guys are barking up the wrong tree here. I can't change anything. I'm a mod, not the site admin. I imagine if someone were to start a thread about it in the feedback and questions forum, and it had enough support, there might be some action taken.

Here's the thing. Here at N-R, we've always taken a more relaxed approach to rules. Sure, we have rules, and enforce them. However, we try to give our members as much "freedom" (if there is such a thing on a website) as possible.

We've had our share of scammers, troublemakers, and general miscreants at N-R. However, I don't think any more than any other site. Take this last fiasco I had to close.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=287863

That guy had almost 150 posts and had been a member for about 8 months before deciding to scam as many people as he could. I know for a fact he was doing the same on at least one other site. I have no doubt Reefty is, as well.

While I don't disagree with the suggestions about limiting members, on any particular point. I'm also not really seeing a large benefit from it. Honestly, I'd rather limit the members who use N-R solely as their personal classifieds and contribute in little, or no other way. However, I don't see that changing any time soon.

The idea has been tossed around. However, look around at some members post counts. How hard is it for a scammer to rack up say, 100 posts? Even 500? We've had members (honest members) put up more than 100 posts in a day. Granted, most of it is usually nonsense. However, is someone really going to take the time to check if the member has been a contributing member? Most don't even check here or the vendor trader feedback forum to see if anything has ever come up before.

Not gonna lie. I've had over 250+ posts in a day before. Like you said, it was mostly on the other busy threads.

But, yes it's certainly possible. I'd like to see some FS restrictions on this site sometime in the near future.

I'm always careful when a new member pops up on NR and goes straight to selling their items. especialyl expensive stuff for a cheap price.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived