Coral Vue Hydros

HOB skimmer question

sdoubtit8

Hey all-

I am thinking of starting a new tank soon, and am looking at the Mr. Aqua 17 gallon. Just curious, would an AC50+HOB skimmer be plenty filtration (or overkill?) or should i just get an AC70 and forget about finding a skimmer??

To each his own. Theres no such thing as over filtration. But in a 17 gallon the benifiets of a skimmer doesnt outway my hatred of micro bubbles. So i would pass on the skimmer unless its going to be in a sump with a bubble trap.

If it were me i would just get a quality hob skimmer. I felt like i wasted a ton of money on my AC70+ inTank media basket in combination with the Hydor Nano Skimmer. If i could do it over again i would have sucked it up and bought the Aquamaxx hob skimmer, or something else comparable.

If it were me i would just get a quality hob skimmer. I felt like i wasted a ton of money on my AC70+ inTank media basket in combination with the Hydor Nano Skimmer. If i could do it over again i would have sucked it up and bought the Aquamaxx hob skimmer, or something else comparable.

So no filtration at all, besides a skimmer?? Hmm.. I think running carbon and GFO out weighs the benefits of just a skimmer..

Anyone else have any other input??

Archived