Cultivated Reef

Elos 120 Build

WrongGenotype

Breakthecycle2

Hey there! I too just bought an Elos system 120. I have a few questions. Did you make that screen top? I made one, but I was wondering if you could show me pics? Specifically how it was cut around the overflow? If you did buy it, from where? Also, where did you get the racks for the cabinet?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WrongGenotype

Hey there! I too just bought an Elos system 120. I have a few questions. Did you make that screen top? I made one, but I was wondering if you could show me pics? Specifically how it was cut around the overflow? If you did buy it, from where? Also, where did you get the racks for the cabinet?

Congrats on your Elos. I'm sure you will love it as I love mine. I did build the screen top and everything came either from the local big box store or brs. Building the screen around the overflow took a little bit of moding the factory 90's but wasn't ridiculous. It has been a while but if I remember correctly I ended up cutting the 90 so the rail piece would fit. Took a little more time laying it out but well worth it in my opinion. I'll be out of town for reefapalooza but will post some pics when I get back in town. The racks came from the local big box store as well. Think they were in the organization or the cabinet department. Just cut them to fit.

Beautiful tank, your corals look amazing.

Thanks! It's definitely had its ups and downs. :)

• 2 weeks later...
WrongGenotype

Couple growth shots

Picked this piece up as Blueberry Delight at the last NVR frag swap in April 2013

IMG_3544_zps726ceae4.jpg

This is what it looks like today

IMG_4967_zps8ccf2029.jpg

This one came from Aquatic Central in November 2012 as Strawberry Fields but know that is not what it really is. Don't have a clue in all actuality what it is. If you have any ideas lmk and don't say red planet because it is definitely not red planet. This pic is from June 2013.

IMG_3546_zps38498d8e.jpg

It has been fragged a couple times but this is what it looks like today

IMG_4980_zps0aeae9f5.jpg

Couple new shots from today as well

IMG_4970_zps88fe3ba8.jpg

IMG_4986_zps8bfb4482.jpg

IMG_4991_zpsec88b5fb.jpg

IMG_4992_zps6b590d14.jpg

What are these bro? Is the first one... the diablo? Great colors and growth btw. Goes to show that Radions work.

WrongGenotype

Can't help you with the IDs, but you've got some great SPS and colors!

What are these bro? Is the first one... the diablo? Great colors and growth btw. Goes to show that Radions work.

O ma gird

LOL Thanks guys and yes the radions do work!

@ Darwin

1. Diablo Milli

2. Oregon Tort

3. Golden/Yellow Nasuta

4. Strawberry Shortcake

WrongGenotype

What camera are you using? Those pictures and the FTS video look awesome.

Thanks. I'm using a canon t2i with a couple different lenses but primarily 50mm macro for the stills.

• 1 month later...
WrongGenotype

Very cool! Love the Baths song too!

Makes me really miss my elos 70.

Love the Baths song. One of my favorites from them. :)

I totally love my Elos. Has been my dream tank for a long time and am fortunate I found one that I could actually afford.

Whoa, you are quite the collector for eyecandys. Drop them under actinics already! Like this guy.

Thanks I do have an addiction. Nowhere near the collection in that video. The actinic shots are pretty cool. Maybe I'll have to give it a shot. :naughtydance:

Ummm, actually you do have about the same collection reefer831 has!! I see you have about the same acan echinata, palys, bta, chalices. You just need to leave the actinics on only!! ;)

Looks good! Very impressive colors under the gen1 radions. Upgrading is for the birds! :P

BTW, how can i get ahold of a frag of that Golden/Yellow Nasuta?

WrongGenotype

Looks good! Very impressive colors under the gen1 radions. Upgrading is for the birds! :P

BTW, how can i get ahold of a frag of that Golden/Yellow Nasuta?

Thanks and yes upgrading is for the birds... :D

Shoot me a pm if you want to set something about about the nasuta. I ship all the time so shouldn't be a problem sending a piece down your way.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks and yes upgrading is for the birds... :D

Shoot me a pm if you want to set something about about the nasuta. I ship all the time so shouldn't be a problem sending a piece down your way.

The golden nasuta seems to be getting used to my tank. I have it under medium PAR and medium flow. No PE yet, but it seems to be coloring up a little every day. It browned out as expected but it should be ok. I hope it looks like your colony sooner rather than later because I am very envious!

Archived