• 15-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70+
  2. 2. How long have you been in the hobby?

• Under 6 months
    • 6 mo - 1 yr
    • 1 - 2 yrs
    • 2 - 3 yrs
    • 3 - 4 yrs
    • 4 - 5 yrs
    • 5+

Why is this not in the lounge? I've only been a member here for a month or so and this already seems to be as much as a teen meet and greet than a forum for exchanging what works in nano reefs.

i concour

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lessergeneration

17, gonna be 18 in 12 days :D

Been in Freshwater since i was born, and have been keeping reef tanks for 4 years

27. I had a SW tank back when my oldest daughter was a baby, so around 7 years ago. Only had my BC14 for not quite 2 months now. FW tanks on and off for as long as I can remember!

totalimmortal363

I'm 25. Had freshwater tanks for ages and ages, currently have a 135 Oceanic with Piranha. My BC8 has been up for a little over a year.

Jacob042426

i'm 12 and have had a saltwater tank since the end of january. i have been keeping african dwarf frogs in freshwater since i was 7. i am also starting a leopard gecko breeding project. :)

I'm 28. Been reefing almost 3 years.

I'm a little jealous of all you who were able to get started young. Although I would never have saved up enough money to go to law school if I'd been spending it on corals like I do now...

44 almost 45, started my first SW tank in 1982, when under gravel filters ruled! Been in and out of the hobby but always around or under water.

Jacob042426

thank you. :)

i collect quarters and cash them in. its hard to believe that one can actually make money that way, but it works for me! :lol:

21, I'll be 22 in May. I look like I'm 12 though I think its because I'm short. really short. Hubby's 26 and looks 15. Even after showing three forms of photographic ID (pre marriage license, post marriage license, and school ID) we've been denied drinks. If I dressed skankier it probably wouldn't be a problem. :P

We've been in the hobby for five months. I take care of the livestock, chemistry etc. He's a software engineer so he enjoys geeking it out for me. It's a good deal. This is my first experience with actually taking care of fish. I feel so bad for my childhood bettas now. But they are freaking tanks. Never had one die under three years old. I am pretty impressed by them.

Archived