Innovative Marine Aquariums

Culligan RO/DI h2o home delivery question (NOT FROM WALMART!)

TeflonTomDosh

TeflonTomDosh

So, I just got off the phone with my Culligan Woman and she sent me over a list of their water parameters and I am wondering if this is going to be good for the water I use to mix my salt with? (Tropic Marin Pro-Reef) See below.

Culligan Specific Mineral Analysis

Aluminum - ND

Calcium - ND

Chromium - ND

Copper - ND

Iron - ND

Lead - ND

Magnesium - ND

Mercury - ND

Potassium - ND

Sodium - .27ppm

Zinc - .022pp,

pH - 8.28

Total dissolved solids - 8ppm

ND meaning none detected and I'm pretty sure you all know what ppm means :)

I've gotta 12 gallon Nano and I plan on having 5 gallons of this stuff delivered bi-weekly for a 2.5 gallon water change per week. (20%)

Im hoping this helps me with the SMALL green hair algae outbreak i'm having, I was using distilled water prior to this

C.I._Reefer

That is just RO not RO/DI, using distilled is better than using that, but they are both better than using tap. Distilled is 0tds, pure water. I would stick with distilled and then look into purchasing your own RO/DI

TeflonTomDosh
That is just RO not RO/DI, using distilled is better than using that, but they are both better than using tap. Distilled is 0tds, pure water. I would stick with distilled and then look into purchasing your own RO/DI

I put an 8 where there should of been a 0 for Total dissolved solids. That's what was in the paper they emailed to me. So does that make it RO/DI?

I put an 8 where there should of been a 0 for Total dissolved solids. That's what was in the paper they emailed to me. So does that make it RO/DI?

Probably. But I imagine that's going to get expensive fast. Is your own filtration system out of the question?

TeflonTomDosh

it's 6 bucks every 2 weeks. so that equates to about 150 per year. I know a good RO/DI unit runs that, or more, plus you need to change the filters which aren't cheap either. So think I'm gonna go ahead & set up the order. If I get a bigger tank I'll go with an RO/DI unit that I can mount in house.

Probably. But I imagine that's going to get expensive fast. Is your own filtration system out of the question?

You're also going to need water to top off for evaporation.

The salt you have chosen has low alkalinity, keep an eye on it.

TeflonTomDosh
You're also going to need water to top off for evaporation.

The salt you have chosen has low alkalinity, keep an eye on it.

What salt would you suggest'?

The salt you have chosen is fine, just that it is designed to be used with tanks that have alkalinity boosted by dosing. It has good calcium and magnesium levels. Test for alkalinity and you can raise it with the alkalinity component from a "two part" dosing solution if needed.

TeflonTomDosh
The salt you have chosen is fine, just that it is designed to be used with tanks that have alkalinity boosted by dosing. It has good calcium and magnesium levels. Test for alkalinity and you can raise it with the alkalinity component from a "two part" dosing solution if needed.

What salt would you suggest if I wanted to avoid having to do any dosing at all?

TeflonTomDosh
ESV

Well, I got my RO/DI water from Culligan today, they delivered five 5 gallon bottles, instead of a 5 gallon bottle, haha. This will last me 2/3 months, haha.

Archived