Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tunze

matty0206

Anyone have any experience with the Tunze nanostream? I am wanting to get one for more flow in my standard 10g. I am wondering if the 6015 or 6025 would be the better choice. I don't like Koralia's because of the mount they use.

Before you say get a Vortech.....I will when I get a larger tank.

Thanks.

Anyone have any experience with the Tunze nanostream? I am wanting to get one for more flow in my standard 10g. I am wondering if the 6015 or 6025 would be the better choice. I don't like Koralia's because of the mount they use.

Before you say get a Vortech.....I will when I get a larger tank.

Thanks.

I've used them in the past and have been pleased with their performance, but after using vortechs, the control and the aesthetically pleasing design, makes it a no brainer. I am putting one back on my 7.5g.

1fishmonger

Tunze are awesome. Silent and very well built. 6025 might be a bit much for a 10g but that'd depend on your rockwork and what you're keeping.

Tunze are awesome. Silent and very well built. 6025 might be a bit much for a 10g but that'd depend on your rockwork and what you're keeping.

I like the quiet part. My rock work is wider and is about as high as mid water column. I am keeping lps and softies with a few sps.

I've used them in the past and have been pleased with their performance, but after using vortechs, the control and the aesthetically pleasing design, makes it a no brainer. I am putting one back on my 7.5g.

Oh I forgot to mention that I am broke also :lol:

the 6015 will make ALOT of flow in the 10g the 6025 I think would be way to much. I have 2 6015's in my 30breeder. I will say they push more water then my old Koralia Evo 750 even though rated much lower. I have one of my 6015 modded with the housing of the 6095 with the large mouth opening..that has probably tripled the amount of flow coming out of it and also has made it much wider. I wont ever use Koralia anymore cause I think the Tunze are nicer looking..you can aim them much easier and at almost any angle unlike the Koralia.

Salty_Snack

I have a 6015 in a 16 gallon (~10 gallon display) and it is at the uppermost edge of too much flow. If I point it anywhere other than up and at the back wall it will stir up my sand. It is fairly quiet but vibrates a suprising amount, tunze told me this is normal.

I don't really use it much anymore because it was just too much flow and its kind of big, almost 3" in diameter. When I get the inclination I was going to try the Koralia nano 240 just for comparison.

the 6015 will make ALOT of flow in the 10g the 6025 I think would be way to much. I have 2 6015's in my 30breeder. I will say they push more water then my old Koralia Evo 750 even though rated much lower. I have one of my 6015 modded with the housing of the 6095 with the large mouth opening..that has probably tripled the amount of flow coming out of it and also has made it much wider. I wont ever use Koralia anymore cause I think the Tunze are nicer looking..you can aim them much easier and at almost any angle unlike the Koralia.

Very cool. This is what I am looking for. Someone who has actually used them and has experience with them. Thank you

How big are they compared to the Koralia's? I know tunze says they are 2.7" around but what about the length?

I have a 6015 in a 16 gallon (~10 gallon display) and it is at the uppermost edge of too much flow. If I point it anywhere other than up and at the back wall it will stir up my sand. It is fairly quiet but vibrates a suprising amount, tunze told me this is normal.

I don't really use it much anymore because it was just too much flow and its kind of big, almost 3" in diameter. When I get the inclination I was going to try the Koralia nano 240 just for comparison.

I will tell you the Koralia nano SUCK in flow compared to this..i had 2 of the 425gph nano and compared to the 6015 they felt like they were not even on. thats 240model will make you think wow this is really low flow in my 16G. I dont know abot vibration but mine have none and both are dead silent. Did you attach teh little rubber feet to the magnets on both sides wet and dry?

They are not as long as the Koralia 550 on up and probably same diameter. they are larger then the nanos but smaller then the regular sized pumps. especially the length of them

Salty_Snack
I will tell you the Koralia nano SUCK in flow compared to this..i had 2 of the 425gph nano and compared to the 6015 they felt like they were not even on. thats 240model will make you think wow this is really low flow in my 16G. I dont know abot vibration but mine have none and both are dead silent. Did you attach teh little rubber feet to the magnets on both sides wet and dry?

They are not as long as the Koralia 550 on up and probably same diameter. they are larger then the nanos but smaller then the regular sized pumps. especially the length of them

Yeah, that's what I've read about the koralia nano 240 buy I'm not sure what else to do besides suck it up and go mp10. But for over $200 I could build a nice DIY led setup or do an entire pico frag tank which I'm sure I would enjoy more than a powerhead.

As far as the vibration... I do have the rubber feet installed and it still causes the tank to vibrate. With the powerhead on I can touch any part of the tank and even the upper part of the stand and feel vibration. With just the return pumps on, eheim compacts, the tank is scilent. I talked to the guy at tunze USA and he said that it doesn't sound too uncommon and it might quiet down over time. Unfortunately it has not and I really don't want to pay to ship a pump that's to strong for my tank anyway.

I am kinda with you Salty in the fact I don't want to spend the money for a Vortech. At least not for this tank. It sounds like to me the 6015 is gonna be my best option.

I should also add that I am running a subcurrent internal filter for surface skimming which adds another 160 gph of flow. If I get the tunze I will remove the loc line outputs on the subcurrent so all the flow goes behind my rock work.

I've got 2 6015s in my 60, and 4 evo nanos. The 6015s are much stronger than the evos. I had 6025s in the tank at one point and I can say that one would be super overkill for a softie/LPS 10 gallon. The 6015 should be about right. I would, however, consider 2 evo nanos if you found a good deal on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my 6015 from glass holes.com. Best price with the free shipping. Holy crap that's a lot of flow! I have to point it up towards the water line to keep from having a sand storm and I don't think my softies like it so much but the one stag I have seems to. I noticed after about 10 minutes the stags polyps were out more than they ever have been.

Ordered my 6015 from glass holes.com. Best price with the free shipping. Holy crap that's a lot of flow! I have to point it up towards the water line to keep from having a sand storm and I don't think my softies like it so much but the one stag I have seems to. I noticed after about 10 minutes the stags polyps were out more than they ever have been.

Yeah....

I thought a 425 might be better for that size.

Yeah....

I thought a 425 might be better for that size.

Definitely is. Had I ordered the 6025 I would have had to return it. Plus going this route if I do upgrade to a larger tank I can do the mod and get more flow without paying the higher price.

Definitely is. Had I ordered the 6025 I would have had to return it. Plus going this route if I do upgrade to a larger tank I can do the mod and get more flow without paying the higher price.

The 6025 is a lot of flow. I just ordered two 6045s for my 60 shallow. I'm going to try and have them be the only pumps. I'm betting at full-flow, they will be nuts. Sitting in the box at home right now. Just got here.

The 6025 is a lot of flow. I just ordered two 6045s for my 60 shallow. I'm going to try and have them be the only pumps. I'm betting at full-flow, they will be nuts. Sitting in the box at home right now. Just got here.

Nice. Is that the tank in your sig or a new one?

Darn.... I could have saved you some money by going with the 6025. I did a 10 minute mod on a 6025 that gave it the same flow output as a 6045!

Also, you can divert flow by strategically placing rock-work in front of it. I placed mine in the lower right hand corner, pointing up and towards the center with some large rocks hiding it.

Darn.... I could have saved you some money by going with the 6025. I did a 10 minute mod on a 6025 that gave it the same flow output as a 6045!

Also, you can divert flow by strategically placing rock-work in front of it. I placed mine in the lower right hand corner, pointing up and towards the center with some large rocks hiding it.

That's okay. The 6045s were only like $20 more each, and I'm not 100% sure I'll even run them at the power of the 6025s. Just figured if rather get the adjustable one and not have to buy again.

Archived