Cultivated Reef

The Cove...

hirschy75

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance you have a link to some good ones? I'm not sure I'm handy enough to build my own ones tho. Someone should start selling already assembled ones lol.

I am too! Luckily I only had to take one stats class which was brutal but it's luckily done with

im LED illiterate too so i went with a plug and play system from ecoxotic. Panorama Pro LED's. they are 89 bucks a strip. i bought 2 strips but realized that i could have bought just one when i installed them. they are really bright. this is what made me go with ecoxotic...

ecoxotic biocube

they used one panorama led ($89) and two stunner strips ($49 each) and their tank looks amazing and got great growth!!

they used one panorama led ($89) and two stunner strips ($49 each) and their tank looks amazing and got great growth!!

But then you need a splitter ($9) and a transformer ($37) too. Someone really just needs to make an AIO truly plug n play system.

But then you need a splitter ($9) and a transformer ($37) too. Someone really just needs to make an AIO truly plug n play system.

yes, a transformer is needed but a spitter is not. you can link them. 1 Pan Pro, 1 Stunner and 1 transformer is still under 200. So what about this isnt plug n play???? how much more simple can it get Banshee?

I want something that literally pops into my hood, maybe I have to tighten some screws, and that's it! :lol: I'm terrified of wiring/electrical and messing up my tank.

I have to agree with banshee on this one. I use CF's because I can just pop em in no wiring to get wet or keep me up at night

I want something that literally pops into my hood, maybe I have to tighten some screws, and that's it! :lol: I'm terrified of wiring/electrical and messing up my tank.

Thats exactly what that system is, you mount using 2 screws and plug into the wall.

You should make one ;)

Which lights do you have?

-------

Added some more sand last night and pulled another rock that I wasn't liking.

FTS:

c1f1902f.jpg

The closest rock is awesome, you might be able to make out a hole about the size of a nickle? Inside is a mini cave, I think the blenny will love it.

Hope I'm not the only one who is picky about the rock they put in their tank lol.

Salinity: 1.025

Temp: 79

Hell yeah!!

when you get more rock in there, buy base (dead) rock. that way you can shape it to your liking and they are 1/3 the price of live rock. another benefit of base rock is no unwanted pests hiding in them.

I have compact fluorescents still. I ordered the Ecoxotic RGB Panorama Pro LED and I'll add a stunner strip or two later. I haven't installed it yet because I'm a little afraid of trying to take the lid off my tank. :lol:

Hey dude tank is looking good bump that temp down to 76-77 though if possible

Thought the goal was 78-80?

#### here I thought I was good :P

Thats way too hot man most people run their reefs too warm. 76-78 is what the worlds reefs run. If you want to do 78-80 that's personal preference but it's naturally too hot.

Thats way too hot man most people run their reefs too warm. 76-78 is what the worlds reefs run. If you want to do 78-80 that's personal preference but it's naturally too hot.

bulbs will do that. i dont even have a heater in my 29g, i use my heater in my ro water bin. my tank is between 78-80 and it runs fine...but every tank is differnt. i wish i could have a chiller in my system but dont want to spend the money on that.

I run my tank at 79 and no issues. In the morning it's low 79's and by dinner time it's high 79's. Nothing seems upset with it. Gena has a gorgeous tank and runs it at 81-82. I think you're fine.

Got this biznitch down to 78! Added 9 more pounds of liverock bringing the total to 13. Next time I see a sweet piece I'll grab it to bring the total to 14 or 15.

Time to let the cycle begin

Hate my scape btw:

e7b3f03a.jpg

I think the scape is pretty cool... that piece out front like an island gives you room for some high end pieces that you really want to show off... and the back gives you a fair amount of room for coral placement :)

Got this biznitch down to 78! Added 9 more pounds of liverock bringing the total to 13. Next time I see a sweet piece I'll grab it to bring the total to 14 or 15.

Time to let the cycle begin

Hate my scape btw:

e7b3f03a.jpg

glad shes coming down for ya, btw i run my tank set at 77 on rk but runs from 76.7 and peaks at 77.4

I think the scape is pretty cool... that piece out front like an island gives you room for some high end pieces that you really want to show off... and the back gives you a fair amount of room for coral placement :)

That's exactly what I thought when I put that rock there, it's my favorite one ;) probably gonna do a big ric garden there.

The fingery rock seems outta place

-------

And thanks! I have a heater that turns off once it hits 78F and doesn't come on unless it needs too so that I can't really control to well

Got some new rock which allows me to rescape, bad news it'll be out of any saltwater for a good 24 hours which means some die off :(

I think I'll scape how I want and leave those extra pieces in to help seed everything and then after I move back home I'll trade the unwanted pieces in for $$

Archived