Coral Vue Hydros

I Pet my Octopus Daily

Criley7

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the videos don't come up clear cause I took them on my iPhone, then let me know guys. I'll take some good ones with my good camera.

Fish_Bagger

We get them in from time to time. By not putting some much rock in the tank you will see them more often.

We also have a customer that has one in a 200G with several other large fish and it is actually pretty active during the day. I think it is due to the fact that the other fish are larger and aggressive.

I could see them fine.

Wow, he just went after that crab, even as big as it was!

Sweet.

Yea. He's fearless!

He's awesome. I like that Mike works with them so much and gets them to feed well before he sells them.

Yea exactly.

We get them in from time to time. By not putting some much rock in the tank you will see them more often.

We also have a customer that has one in a 200G with several other large fish and it is actually pretty active during the day. I think it is due to the fact that the other fish are larger and aggressive.

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the advice.

New video. Tank is cloudy from moving rocks around to find him.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg517/...y7/7bf79758.mp4

He looks happy and flashes his colors while jumping on him.

Going to work on making some toys for him today. Hopefully soon he will start to get more socialized and stay out more often!

After removing a large rock that was being used by the octopus as a large den, he has been more interactive and out on the glass and aquascape more. It still looks like he is happy and not stressed. Hopefully I can start getting him to come right up to me when I approach the tank now.

My friend was going diving last week, so I had him catch this one for one of the few local reefers I know here. It's going in a 160-180g tank. This is our main target species when we go diving. Been catching them for 30+ years now. They need a bunch of little rocks to cover themselves and hide. Help them feel safe. This one is about a half pound.

Tako Tank

My friend was going diving last week, so I had him catch this one for one of the few local reefers I know here. It's going in a 160-180g tank. This is our main target species when we go diving. Been catching them for 30+ years now. They need a bunch of little rocks to cover themselves and hide. Help them feel safe. This one is about a half pound.

Tako Tank

Sounds awesome! The one in the link is cool as hell and much bigger then my little guy. How often does he have to replace those fish in there with him?

octopus are awesome. They are so smart and sociable.

Yes they are. I have been filling water bottles with tank water and either frozen foods or small emerald crabs. Then I put the lid back on and let the bottle sink. The octopus learned to take off the cap and go in for his treat! Genius!

• 1 month later...

I thought this was a funny picture so I had to take it really quick with my iPhone. My Yellow clown goby is perched on the octopuses toy shells. They are maybe 2" from each other and neither one seems to care ever.

xDqdf.jpg

I thought this was a funny picture so I had to take it really quick with my iPhone. My Yellow clown goby is perched on the octopuses toy shells. They are maybe 2" from each other and neither one seems to care ever.

xDqdf.jpg

LongPig told me about this! I can;t believe he won't eat the goby!

TeflonTomDosh
Yes they are. I have been filling water bottles with tank water and either frozen foods or small emerald crabs. Then I put the lid back on and let the bottle sink. The octopus learned to take off the cap and go in for his treat! Genius!

Octopus for President!

LongPig told me about this! I can;t believe he won't eat the goby!

He will chase all my other fish in with him but not the YCG. I also added a few damsels, he doesn't try very hard to get them though probably because I hand feed him fiddler crabs, blue crabs, crawfish, grass shrimp and frozen silversides daily. When I realized this I bought a clownfish and GBTA for the tank for some more movement.

I have not taken a vacay in years. Oh you mean Criley. :slap:

Yes I mean him. He's been on three vacations this summer including the Cayman Islands. I think he goes there just to add to his sunglasses collection. Prada, D & G and what else Case?

slickwill613
Octopus for President!

Would be better than mitt. And have fewer arms to steal from the working man with.

Archived