Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Micro-Reefs goes AIO (Temperate)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

ANNOUNCEMENT: Update...

Micro-Reefs is proud to launch the first ever AIO temperate pico for all those lovers of the cold water world! We are excited to be offering this tank in all it's glory.

Here is a prototype of the tank! We are using 3/8' inch acrylic and the front will have CURVED ROUNDED EDGES AND A COVER TOP!

For more info please go to our website: click the banner below! ;)

2i87x5d.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Interesting, do you have any idea how well it retains heat versus other comparible sized tanks?

We have done R&D on our 2 gallon acrylic tank with a much thinner acrylic. This one boost a 3/8' inch thick acrylic and will use double the power of two chillers as opposed to just one that was on our 2 gallon.

We have increased the volume of water but not the surface area so, there is less area for us to lose insulation, does that make sense?

We are right now testing three small return pumps that have the lowest watt setting on the market. We have been able to maintain 55 F degrees without hesitation in 75 degrees ambient! B)

• 1 month later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

ANNOUNCEMENT: UPDATE!

Our All IN ONE is around the corner from being released! By the end of next week we will have it and we made some last minute changes! ;)

We decided to increase it's size from 4.5 originally to 6.2 gallons of coolness!

New dims are smashing and we are only using very limited space for the filter back! The increase space in width and height, keeps the original personality but give you more real estate for your critters and corals!

At 6.2 gallons we are still sure to keep it's coolness at 55 degrees!

Pre-orders are on our site, be first in line to get this first of it's class tank. We will be showing off the base and canopy next week, but are launching the 40 inch tall all black acrylic stand for those that want it as a center piece in their home.

Please be ready for cold water madness in the next week! :o

Nuff said!

AquaticEngineer

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg AAAAHHHHH NEED PICS STOP TEASING US MIKE!!! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Those dimensions are soooooo freaking sweet, and the black stand is perfect!!!

I might just ditch my pieced together craigslist coldwater tank and pick up one of these :D

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is the 12 x 12 x 40 inch acrylic stand and 4 inch canopy for our new 6.2 AIO Temperate pico!

35ldnw9.gif

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

With the All IN ONE right around the corner, I'm getting excited and decided to take out my wide angle underwater diving camera and snap some pics of my 2 gallon pico....

The wide angle lens barely fit through the top opening of my pico... :o

Fish eye view...

10crt5x.jpg

Up close and personal...

34dq3yd.jpg

Top view...

ww0ytv.jpg

With the All IN ONE right around the corner, I'm getting excited and decided to take out my wide angle underwater diving camera and snap some pics of my 2 gallon pico....

The wide angle lens barely fit through the top opening of my pico... :o

Fish eye view...

10crt5x.jpg

Up close and personal...

34dq3yd.jpg

Top view...

ww0ytv.jpg

I have to say I love strawberry anemones! I live about 3 minutes away from a great number of them!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Announcement: UPDATE!

Our Micro-Reefs (AIO) tank runs this week at TruVu, we upgraded her up from 4.5 gallons to a final 6.2 gallons of coolness.

A lot of tweaking and last minute changes were involved to make this a reality! With the help of simple cardboard, I put together the skeleton of what will be the smallest AIO temperate pico marketed for sale in the United States! :o

Wait till you see her in all black acrylic! B) We don't believe in cords and cable and fans showing, everything is concealed for up most beauty! We are also designing a 40" inch tall pedestal stand for those who want to show her off in the living room!v :)

Nuff said!

Sneak peak pics... ;)

332qjp4.jpg

35lhv5w.jpg

2q80w8p.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
why are you blocking off the area surrounding the tec?

Not quite sure I understand question?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
your chiller fans, that area looks boxed in

Ahh,

Got it! I now understand what you mean. I met with the owner of Novatec, designer of these probes and I voiced my opinion to conceal the exhaust fans on this build!

Had I kept them like I had planned against the back wall of the tank, you would require 5" inches off any wall, so it will not be flush, also the aesthetics of two bulky units protruding on this build would take away from the clean look!

So we had to create separate grids for proper ventilation of intake vs outtake. Bottom grid receives cool air while top grid vents out hot air.

MG

p.s

Got word from Josh today, they signed a deal with Canada for the release of the LumpSucker! Soon as my AIO makes it home, my order is going in for this awesome one of a kind unique fish!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Well,

The model was left at TruVu and I made sure to iron out all the details with them! It is now just a matter of time! Tick, tick, time!

They were impressed with my quick cardboard model, I'm so excited! I just didn't want any flaws in misrepresentation and therefore made the model to make sure no room for error!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Getting close to the AIO release date, so I'm busy taking more pics of our 2 gallon temperate pico in the meantime. :D

Catalina goby...

166zs4k.jpg

Macro algae...

2lm4gbd.jpg

Sclupin...

2wclcsj.jpg

Strawberry anemones...

2lnd5dd.jpg

So who is getting excited besides me? :P

Archived