Innovative Marine Aquariums

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

If I remember, the light comes with screw in eyelets which you have to take off to use their mounting kit. But I may be wrong about that. I'm at work and can't check right now.

The hanging kit it quite good - There's a sliding lock that allows you to raise and lower - (which I use frequently for cleaning and such). I don't know if it's worth $45. But it is pretty good.

Spirofucci - I really think you nailed it with the supplemental t5 on the radions... I may join the "Radion - supplemented with t5 Clubhouse"

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ecotech says that they use M5 0.8 pitch screws w/eyelets.

a source of mine is offering me a great deal on a radion w/hanging kit that I could not pass up, so will not need to attempt a DIY hanging kit. should be here next week. hard to believe I am not building another DIY LED fixture; but since time is not what I really have right now; the Radion's *should* be good enough for my needs.

• 2 weeks later...
I have mine set to artificial, run through from 10k in the morning through to 20k at night. Each colour temp between is used. So far intensity is maxed at 65%. Here is my current program

Capture_zps3a0b48da.png

Care to share your .etg file? I am a new Radion owner and still learning the software.

So i went back to my old settings, things dont look good. back to 50% intensity, will watch how things go over the next 2 weeks. So far my sps are looking a little better than yesterday when light was at 75% intensity and at 12k. old settings showed growth so im hoping the 8" above the water surface is not a big factor.

Yeah, finally regsitered. It was asking for a 6 character password when in fact it needed 8.

I think that's what Ecosmart Participation is supposed to do. Sync the Radion program with your MP's.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So does it sync the MPs to the light automatically? im gonna start using the live version soon. also how high or low do u guys run the Mps? what mode? how much intensity? thanks

since i switch over to the old ways my corals look better and have been growing still kinda slow but at least they look alive. Currently highest is 35% with the TIR lenses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron
Any reason why you converted?

Was it just so everything was on the same platform i.e. your lights working with / communicating to your pumps?

I always felt curious. My main reason was boredom but now that I switched, I'm amazed at the difference in color, the user setup and programming is dynamite, and I will b upgrading to wireless mp10s...

Was originally planning to hang my Radion from the ceiling, but they are 10'. Think I'd be better off using a couple of brackets on the wall to hang it from instead?

My ceilings aren't ten feet, but at least nine. I have brackets right now but don't like them. I'm going to hang them from the ceiling soon...

Do you have the Ecotech hanging kit?

My ceilings aren't ten feet, but at least nine. I have brackets right now but don't like them. I'm going to hang them from the ceiling soon... Do you have the Ecotech hanging kit?

Yep, haven't opened it up yet though. Know if it comes with wall/ceiling anchors by chance?

It comes with the hardware but you need screws that screw into the ceiling. There is a nice looking metal coupling (sorry I don't know the exact terms) that hides the screw and looks very clean.

nice, looks like your getting great spread on those

They light the tank perfectly. I hung them about 9 1/2" above the water line. I cant get my Mac to communicate with them though. Luckily, I have a windows PC for work, and that allowed me to program them. I kept getting "An Error occurred accessing your programming file" from my mac, but EcoSmart Live worked flawlessly from my PC.

Archived