Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice! What are your plans for your 60 cube?

I ordered a Deep Blue Professuional edge 60. Will put two MP10s on it and this radion. Radion will be boosted to 100% from the 45% ive got it at now. Still shopping for what sump/skimmer ill use. Will keepyou posted in a build thread.

• 2 weeks later...
how is the sps color with the t5 additions?

The main reason I added back the T5's was to help eliminate some of the "shadowing" I get from the Radion.

Currently the T5s are at the very front and back of the tank, so it is so much better lit overall.

I must say that there is some improvement in the overall color of the corals, but certainly not dramatic.

• 3 weeks later...

finally!!!! A thread that talks about tbe radion. Juat found this today and decided to join in. I have the radion over a 38gal all in one system, still trying to figure stuff out with the settings. Many awesome setups very cool.

Heres a full tank shot of the tank, doesnt have much rock. I made the mistake of taking some "live rock" from someone else and it came with all kinds of pest so i had to get rid of it all. just kinda rearranged everything.

1001232d.jpg

Heres a full tank shot of the tank, doesnt have much rock. I made the mistake of taking some "live rock" from someone else and it came with all kinds of pest so i had to get rid of it all. just kinda rearranged everything.

1001232d.jpg

Nice looking tank! Cool scape. Tell us more about your settings on your light!

Well i was running Mr.Saltwater tank's settings since day one, i got some growth from some zoas and the acro at the top. Also my armour of gods was completely dead and i left it just to see what will happen to it, the radion brought it back to life. Added some more zoas and a red planet, the zoas have not multiplied since i got them and the red planet started to turn green. So now im trying new settings for the main part of the day i tried 12k and it seems like some zoas dont like it and some do. i currently have the same settings that Vivid Aquariums run, it works for them i will see what happens here. i want to see more polyps.

Do u guys recommend any good setting? i just want to see my frags multiply and get some rocks cover. Also notice most of you have an MP10 running i was planning on getting one. i have an anemone that just wont stay still and it hasn't grown at all!!!! kinda frustrating.

Well i was running Mr.Saltwater tank's settings since day one, i got some growth from some zoas and the acro at the top. Also my armour of gods was completely dead and i left it just to see what will happen to it, the radion brought it back to life. Added some more zoas and a red planet, the zoas have not multiplied since i got them and the red planet started to turn green. So now im trying new settings for the main part of the day i tried 12k and it seems like some zoas dont like it and some do. i currently have the same settings that Vivid Aquariums run, it works for them i will see what happens here. i want to see more polyps.

Do u guys recommend any good setting? i just want to see my frags multiply and get some rocks cover. Also notice most of you have an MP10 running i was planning on getting one. i have an anemone that just wont stay still and it hasn't grown at all!!!! kinda frustrating.

Since I am not confident about playing around with different themes, I just went with the "natural" mode at 100% for 12 hours per day. This makes the most sense to me as it is designed to mimic the sun. I've had it this way for at least six months and am very happy so far.

Since I am not confident about playing around with different themes, I just went with the "natural" mode at 100% for 12 hours per day. This makes the most sense to me as it is designed to mimic the sun. I've had it this way for at least six months and am very happy so far.

I was wondering about the intensity, i was told sincd it was 38gal 40% intensity was the way to go. I had no results at all so i went up to 45% and got something, up to 55% a bit more growth but the newly added frags have not grown at all. Its kinda sad plus my red planet turning green. I just want the setting thats gonna grow things consistently. I didnt quite like the vivid aquariums setting the light looks a bit like light purple . So i went back to the 14k at 70% for 7.5 hrs i will extend tbe period little by little.

Talked to some people locally and they run the main light period for 9hrs, you run it for 12hrs is that the main period? I would like to get mine to 8.5 hrs ... i will see how this works at 70% probably raised it up to 80% in 2 weeks .

I have mine set to artificial, run through from 10k in the morning through to 20k at night. Each colour temp between is used. So far intensity is maxed at 65%. Here is my current program

Capture_zps3a0b48da.png

I just decided to run it like the sun in the tropics, lol

Lol ... hows the growth?

@jessy-ray hows the growth on ur tank at 65%?

Mine sits at 14k from 11:30am to 7pm. 20k from 7pm-8:30 than slowly fades away up to 11pm than completely off. I attached a current usa moonlight led to the radion works great.

Lol ... hows the growth?

Mine sits at 14k from 11:30am to 7pm. 20k from 7pm-8:30 than slowly fades away up to 11pm than completely off. I attached a current usa moonlight led to the radion works great.

I am very pleased with the growth and color on almost evrey coral in the tank and I have over 100 different specimens in there, lol

Lol ... hows the growth?

I run my radion at 3% for moonlight

I run my radion at 3% for moonlight

i just didnt feel like running the radion 24/7, even though the fan goes 24/7. few of you guys are running the natural mode im starting to get the itch to try it. Many have AMAZING tanks with natural mode, im gonna wait and see how this setting does in a month time and i will make a good decision then. im so jealous at all of you for having awesome results. i will get there someday. thanks for the info.

Lol ... hows the growth?

Growth is excellent, Will continue increasing power til I am completely happy (not far off).

Also you should give the lower colour temps a try they are really nice imo; though I wouldn't go below 10k.

As far as moonlight goes I use lower percentage in the night mode and then shut off completely past midnight (as can be seen in my pic).

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else turn their green and red leds down? i took the preset 14k and 20k and just dropped the red and green leds down. I have my blues and whites at around 65% and my G&R at 5% i think it looks a little bit better.

I should be joining the Radion Club sometime next week. However, I refuse to pay the ridiculous markup of their single fixture hanging kit ($45!). So, I want to make my own eyelet sling kit since I already have about 80% of a hanging kit in my ceiling; just need to DIY the sling component.

Can someone tell me the size/diameter of the mounting holes on the Radion unit? This would help out alot.

Maybe someone will know if I can just buy that part from somewhere online?

BTW: Will XR30W's be upgradeable to the PRO's components in the near future?

Here is a pic of what I am trying to duplicate (3rd Eyelet Sling from the right hand side)

post-73189-1350967350_thumb.jpg

I should be joining the Radion Club sometime next week. However, I refuse to pay the ridiculous markup of their single fixture hanging kit ($45!). So, I want to make my own eyelet sling kit since I already have about 80% of a hanging kit in my ceiling; just need to DIY the sling component.

Can someone tell me the size/diameter of the mounting holes on the Radion unit? This would help out alot.

Maybe someone will know if I can just buy that part from somewhere online?

BTW: Will XR30W's be upgradeable to the PRO's components in the near future?

Here is a pic of what I am trying to duplicate (3rd Eyelet Sling from the right hand side)

If I remember, the light comes with screw in eyelets which you have to take off to use their mounting kit. But I may be wrong about that. I'm at work and can't check right now.

Sorry, I'm full of any accurate info, lol, but I think you will be able to upgrade the pucks, for a price of course!

Archived