Cultivated Reef

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mygolfisslow
anyone have a good lighting schedule what they would share? like a download?

be sure to start of slow real slow.. i was running a 28 3w cree diy at 70% before getting my radion a alot of my sps where brownish (due to high no3) and i started out at 40% with the radion after the first 3 days things started coloring up nicely so i added 5% waited another week added another 10% and things started to get super pale so i brought it down again. im now runnin 48% peak. at a little less blue then 14k.

• 2 weeks later...
hamiltonra25

Got it all up and running finally.

2z4bm07.jpg

ADA-60 P

1x Radion XR30w

1x MP10

DIY drilled, DIY overflow box, and hanging kit.

Loving the light so far. Transferring today from the BC 14, going to have to turn the intensity WAYYYY down.

mygolfisslow
Got it all up and running finally.

2z4bm07.jpg

ADA-60 P

1x Radion XR30w

1x MP10

DIY drilled, DIY overflow box, and hanging kit.

Loving the light so far. Transferring today from the BC 14, going to have to turn the intensity WAYYYY down.

Looks good. Love that tank, I will add you to the list. Do you have a build thread I would love to know more about your overflow/ return looks interesting.

mygolfisslow
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300668

I added a picture at the end for you laying out the plumbing.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

thanks, i have added you to the list on page 1. once you get your livestock in there turn it way down and move it up real slow i went to fast and bleached one of my montis and my tricolor. then i went too low and everything browned. i think its good now at 45% things are getting some color back. im gunna move it up real slow from there. how deep is your ADA (i know there pretty shallow tanks), how far above the water do you have it hangin. i had a hell of a time finding any one with this lamp over a shallow tank. other than the few here.

hamiltonra25
thanks, i have added you to the list on page 1. once you get your livestock in there turn it way down and move it up real slow i went to fast and bleached one of my montis and my tricolor. then i went too low and everything browned. i think its good now at 45% things are getting some color back. im gunna move it up real slow from there. how deep is your ADA (i know there pretty shallow tanks), how far above the water do you have it hangin. i had a hell of a time finding any one with this lamp over a shallow tank. other than the few here.

the tank itself is 14'' high.

the light is 10'' above the tank

the tank isnt super shallow, but it isnt really deep either.

the light is probably overkill for a 18 gallon tank, but id rather do it right the first time and not have any corals that i couldnt keep.

intensity is currently at 25% everything is open and loving it

2s1k3na.jpg

Ok, so here's my settings.

c0375f3f.jpg

6:00 am starts light with mostly blues and some reds

9:00 am 20K dialed down

11:00 am 18K 75%

3:00 pm 12K 90%

6:00 pm 18K 75%

8:00 pm 20K 50%

9:00 pm almost all blues with a little red going to all blue moonlight

11:00 pm lights out.

I had everything up a bit higher and everything was doing ok, but some of my colors weren't quite as vivid as they used to be in the top of the tank and my zoas in the bottom were closing up a good bit. After two weeks of having it ramped down a bit things are looking much happier. We'll see how the colors do over time.

mygolfisslow
Just got a radion for my standard 29 gal. (:

looks good, welcome to the clubhouse

• 4 weeks later...
Spirofucci

I may be the only one to do this, but I'm going to supplement my Radion light. The only downside to the Radion in my tank is that is causes shadows, mainly because of the type of rock structure that I have. So just for fun, I gutted the lights from my RSM hood, made some acrylic boxes for them to fit in to sit on my DIY acrylic top, so they would fit around my Radion.

The stock RSM lights are kinda T5, each bulb is actually two, one is a 10,000 and one is an actinic.

It took me a couple of weekends to build it and rewire it, but here it is:

058.jpg

061.jpg

038.jpg

The color of the corals is a slight improvement, but now I don't have shadows in the front, back and sides. I also have the stock blue moonlight LEDs, which is not an option in natural mode on the Radion.

It's only been a few days but the corals don't seem to notice the difference.

Spirofucci

I'll try and get a pic with it on the tank, but it fits into the diy box I made. You really can't see it unless you look from above. Here is a pic without it on there:

IMG_0538.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just got one for my new peninsula build (routemaster, link in sig). Tank is almost exact dimensions of an ADA 60P, so hamilton's setup is a useful guide - been working out how high above the tank to hang it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got one for my new peninsula build (routemaster, link in sig). Tank is almost exact dimensions of an ADA 60P, so hamilton's setup is a useful guide - been working out how high above the tank to hang it.

I'm in the club! Just ordered mine from BRS... Should get it next week. Is the thunderstorm mode random or do you have to manually turn it on? Any thoughts on thunderstorm mode on livestock? Bad, good, no effect?

Got a surprise from my wife for our anniversary on Sunday. Got some Radions to go over the 20 gallon. I'm out of town right now, but will post pics tomorrow or on Saturday of the tank with the lights over it. Gotta figure out how to hang these buggers as the roof over head is about 20'!! Might have to put some holes in the walls..lol

chippwalters

Just received mine today for my ADA 60-F. I'll work setting it up this weekend. Can't wait.

What's the latest on how to set this up using a Mac? Does it work?

QuickShot%202012.08.09%20at%2023.01.12.jpg

Just received mine today for my ADA 60-F. I'll work setting it up this weekend. Can't wait.

What's the latest on how to set this up using a Mac? Does it work?

QuickShot%202012.08.09%20at%2023.01.12.jpg

No mac support :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived