Top Shelf Aquatics

can i see some of your 55 gallon tanks?

iPhone

i want to start up a fully sps 55

if anyone has one,can you please post a pic?

looking for inspiration for a scape or just ideas,dont know where to start.

this is my 55 gallon. i upgraded a couple weeks ago frm a 20 long. It isnt sps but the scape is minimalist so you might still like it. It isnt touching the glass. My goal was to have the best flow and as much swimmimg room as possible. 2012-03-30150019.jpgbiggest aquascape advice i can make is, get a chisel or a flathead screw driver and a small hammer. And dont be afraid to. Bust rock open. You usually wind up with easily stackable pieces that look pretty gnarlly. And space is at a premium in a standard 55. Hight can be tough to achieve in a 55 as well without stacking on the baco glass. If you do decide to stack on the back glass i suggest taking your wide rocks and chiselling them in half and placing the flat side against the wall. This saves a little space. Good luck.

Oh wow!

That's a very gorgeous tank!

I was going to ask for pics of a minimalist scape but figured 55's are rare enough to find that are saltwater.

You have a great looking tank,thanks for sharing.

What kind of rock is that?

C.I._Reefer

Nice tank! You pulled it off well, but i personally would never go with a standard 55g for saltwater, the dimensions just arent really right for it.

I like the dimensions of the 55 but the width kinda sucks:/

I can't go with a 75 because it's going to cost too much for equip and water changes and dosing

I like the dimensions of the 55 but the width kinda sucks:/

I can't go with a 75 because it's going to cost too much for equip and water changes and dosing

Nice tank! You pulled it off well, but i personally would never go with a standard 55g for saltwater, the dimensions just arent really right for it.

This. Look at 40B's and 20Ls, probably the two most common tank sizes in nano salt waters, you don't see either in fresh water tanks, but you see them all the time in salt water. Width isn't important in fresh, height is, while in salt it's the opposite.

I already had the 55 or i would have gotten a 40 breeder or a 75 gallon. The 55 is the worst deminsions but i was just workin with what i had.

And the rock is a mixture of tonga, indian, and some random lfs rock.

Archived