Coral Vue Hydros

Worm Eats Worm

Solaris

I usually inspect my new tank with live rock in the evening with the night lights on and saw this worm (approx 3-4" length):

post-73496-1333164312_thumb.jpg

It looked dead as it seemed to be moving with the water currents. I let it be and would see what it was like the next morning.

Well, today morning this "worm" had moved about 4" to another piece of live rock. I turned on the main lights and then I saw movement from what I thought was the head/tail. Looking closer there was actually a smaller (1" length, body width approx 0.065-0.080") dark worm with a pink head and small spikes down both sides taking bites out of the worm in the above picture. Sorry for no pic camera battery was dead. Came home in the evening, the above worm was gone and I couldn't find the small 1" worm.

Any thoughts on what the small worm and the worm in the picture are?

Thanks

That's what I was thinking. I got a couple of pics of the worm today. Pretty sure it's a small bristle. What do you guys think?

post-73496-1333248223_thumb.jpg

Ok. So should I pull it from the tank or not? Tank is a RSM130D. I'm not sure how big it is but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks

TheUnfocusedOne
I was told to be rid of bristle worms...or any worm that's not a feather duster in the tank.

You were told wrong.

You can't get rid of them anyway, unless you take down your tank and drastically clean your rock.

I find bristle worms (most worms for the matter) creepy. Probably after barfing up a worm after eating bad food messed me up. Lol

Archived