SaltCritters.com

My Cubus Pico

TheNanoReef

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheNanoReef
scape needs a lime green maxi mini nem and a couple of sexy shrimp. and youre set lol.

That would look awesome, but I don't know where to get a maxi :(

Looks great! Are you staining it or painting?

Thanks and I'll be putting a stain on it.

Dude, I love this little tank. It makes me smile. The rockscape is perfect! You sir, get the seal of approval.

:lol:

Thanks for the updated pictures! Everything looks fantastic. Great craftsmanship. Kudos!

No problem! Glad you like it!

Islandoftiki

WOW! I absolutely LOVE this tank! Great coral choices!

I want to build something like this, except with a 20 gallon sump. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I am very impressed! Your woodwork around this little cube is amazing and so freakin' stylin'!!! When you get a chance, I'd love to see your hood with the light strips in place and shots inside the cabinet with the filter, etc in place. Oh and do you have drawings/plans for this cabinet you built? Its wonderful and I'd love to do something similar. :)

Update:

Trim is almost done, pics will be up possibly tomorrow.

Made my first online coral order from Saltcritters.com, should arrive tomorrow and will get some pics.

Also got some equipment:

Hydor mini 7.5 watt heater

Coralife digital thermometer

Did you put the heater in your AC20?

TheNanoReef
I am very impressed! Your woodwork around this little cube is amazing and so freakin' stylin'!!! When you get a chance, I'd love to see your hood with the light strips in place and shots inside the cabinet with the filter, etc in place. Oh and do you have drawings/plans for this cabinet you built? Its wonderful and I'd love to do something similar. :)

Thanks. I haven't yet attached the light strips because I want to get the finish on the wood before adding them, but I can get pics of the inside this weekend. As for having drawings/plans I had a rough sketch of what I wanted to do, but I mostly went along with what worked.

Update: June 1, 2012

Added:

Zoas

Mushrooms

Astrea snail

FTS

1ac67135.jpg

What the color actually looks like...

c98fe276.jpg

Side pic

63a6bbfe.jpg

Sorry for the not so great pics, I just added quite a few things and their still closed... I'll get some better ones this weekend.

The tank looks great! I'm interested in what modifications you made to your AC20. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to modify it or just use it as is and running various filter media.

TheNanoReef
The tank looks great! I'm interested in what modifications you made to your AC20. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to modify it or just use it as is and running various filter media.

All I did for my AC20 mod was just shorten the intake tube and cut a notch in the lid for the heaters wire to come out. As of right now I just run carbon.

i hope you win! based on craftsmanship an originality

Thanks!

All I did for my AC20 mod was just shorten the intake tube and cut a notch in the lid for the heaters wire to come out. As of right now I just run carbon.

Thanks!

LOL That's all I've done with mine so far. I'm thinking of running filter floss and maybe some Chemi-pure Elite.

TheNanoReef
LOL That's all I've done with mine so far. I'm thinking of running filter floss and maybe some Chemi-pure Elite.

Oh yeah I forgot I also have filter floss before the water returns into the tank.

• 4 weeks later...
TheNanoReef

Update:

Tank was taken down as of last week because I will be gone for 2 weeks and don't have enough time to take care of it currently.

On the upside though I'll set it back up later and finish the stain on the canopy/base.

As of now I'm out of the contest. :(

Update:

Tank was taken down as of last week because I will be gone for 2 weeks and don't have enough time to take care of it currently.

On the upside though I'll set it back up later and finish the stain on the canopy/base.

Wow...I'm really sorry to hear this.

Your tank was looking great!

Update:

I'm very sorry to hear that! I absolutely adored this tank and your little cabinet. :( I still want one just like it. I hope to see yours back up and running soon.

Islandoftiki

Sad to see you out of the competition. This was one of my favorite tanks. I look forward to it being up and running again!

• 4 weeks later...
TheNanoReef
VERY impressive! Are you restarting the tank soon? The little cabinet looks fantastic!

Thanks

That looks so awesome. So, when are you going into production?

Hopefully it'll be up and running again in a few days.

I ended up painting it because when I tested the stain out it came out blotchy looking. Also the wood putty didn't take the stain well even with conditioner.

Archived