SaltCritters.com

37G Shallow illuminated Reef tank

MasterMind9

Deleted User 4
I still using the same LED David but I just add 2more t5ho to bring back the color of acan that faded by LED. I still can't conclude that LPS will fade by LED cos only acan that fade after 1year using

LED,other still the same,maybe frequently feeding is one of the factor about color fadeing.I feed all the time so it cause other coral still not fade.

One coral that change color one a week under LED is kenya tree coral, from brown gray to be metalic green, quite fascinated to me really love the new color haha^^

Thanks man, today I just add new carribean gorgonian, so expensive pick up from japan 150Usd but It's kinda trademark of my tank so I have to get a new one after the last one not make it T_T

Oh nice!!! That is way too pricy for a gorgonian in my opinion. Do you have pictures of it? I'd like to see this One kind of a piece!! My picasso clown cost me $150Usd as well....lol

MasterMind9
Oh nice!!! That is way too pricy for a gorgonian in my opinion. Do you have pictures of it? I'd like to see this One kind of a piece!! My picasso clown cost me $150Usd as well....lol

Here you go, carribean photosyn gorgonian, maybe you can get it way more cheaper.

owvpON.jpg

Picasso here also cost 150$ too but in a pair LOL ^^

Deleted User 4
Here you go, carribean photosyn gorgonian, maybe you can get it way more cheaper.

owvpON.jpg

Picasso here also cost 150$ too but in a pair LOL ^^

Ahh. It's photosynthetic not like the other gorgs. Nice stuff. Is it easier than other gorgs since it is photosynthetic?

MasterMind9
Ahh. It's photosynthetic not like the other gorgs. Nice stuff. Is it easier than other gorgs since it is photosynthetic?

Yep just give it a proper light. By the way your piccasso so beauty 150usd can't buy it here! Should be much more pricey

• 2 weeks later...

is it hard to keep your red flower pot healthy?

Is that a new RBTA? looking very nice and close up shot is super nice!

how's everything been going bro! Wow and that blue hippo Tang is super healthy and fat! What you feed it?

MasterMind9
is it hard to keep your red flower pot healthy?

Is that a new RBTA? looking very nice and close up shot is super nice!

how's everything been going bro! Wow and that blue hippo Tang is super healthy and fat! What you feed it?

- I frequecy feed red pot with oyster egg and place it in a good flow, almost year and a half now.

- Old RBTA but a couple week ago I took my 2 crown fish out for ich treatment, RBTA may feel that this is the chance for him to move to a proper place cos my crown fish never leave him just a second. Now he moved to the front of the tank so finally I have a chance to took some pic of him.

- For hippo,I have several kind of food such as mysis, flake , pellet , cyclop and shrimp, he eat it all haha.

Now eveything seem to be fine but after changed to MP10, it killed 3 of my fish, so sad. All coral seem to be in a good shape but several fish have ich because new scape have to removed 70% of live rock, cause unstable system for a while but get right back on track now, THANKS DAVID ^^

And how is your tank going now dude???

Deleted User 4

Nice!! Though I do spot a careless mistake here. You better keep your scoly farther from your anemone... Seems like your scoly is retracting partial of its skin because of the anemone being too close, causally to sting it.

MasterMind9
Nice!! Though I do spot a careless mistake here. You better keep your scoly farther from your anemone... Seems like your scoly is retracting partial of its skin because of the anemone being too close, causally to sting it.

yep I already move it, now I have to leave the area around the RBTA for 4inches , really don't know how big he can extend actually.

I should called this one super scolly, it can recover just a couple day after wounded from any damage cause by me , fish or other coral!!! Once , favia drop down on him for 6 hours , half of it tissue lost but after 3 days it fully recoverd ! Quite amazing, I don't know this is it natuaral ability or mine just special one ???

- I frequecy feed red pot with oyster egg and place it in a good flow, almost year and a half now.

- Old RBTA but a couple week ago I took my 2 crown fish out for ich treatment, RBTA may feel that this is the chance for him to move to a proper place cos my crown fish never leave him just a second. Now he moved to the front of the tank so finally I have a chance to took some pic of him.

- For hippo,I have several kind of food such as mysis, flake , pellet , cyclop and shrimp, he eat it all haha.

Now eveything seem to be fine but after changed to MP10, it killed 3 of my fish, so sad. All coral seem to be in a good shape but several fish have ich because new scape have to removed 70% of live rock, cause unstable system for a while but get right back on track now, THANKS DAVID ^^

And how is your tank going now dude???

I may want to try out a flower pot but heard it was hard to keep alive. that's amazing you got it for almost 1 year and half. :bowdown:

Sorry to hear about your clownfish and other 3 fish that died because of ick. i am having the same problem too. i think i may go fishless for 2-3 months but i have other plans also so we will see.

Congrats on the new MP10. How do you like it so far and what setting you set it on? Mine is set on ReefCrest about 70%.

MasterMind9
I may want to try out a flower pot but heard it was hard to keep alive. that's amazing you got it for almost 1 year and half. :bowdown:

Sorry to hear about your clownfish and other 3 fish that died because of ick. i am having the same problem too. i think i may go fishless for 2-3 months but i have other plans also so we will see.

Congrats on the new MP10. How do you like it so far and what setting you set it on? Mine is set on ReefCrest about 70%.

I notice that flower pot can't maintain in close system too due to high feeding requirment, maybe the key of success is I feed it every two day with no worry about low water quality like other people, I never measure or care about PO4 and NO3 level of my tank, just look at the coral if I feel that something wrong, just do water change. As long as the tank look normal ,just do routeen water change every week.

I like to use nutrient transport, the secret weapon mode of MP10 that the other don't have ^^

Crownfish are fine now after keep in quarantee tank with 30C. and SG. 26 and do water change every day for 3 day, ich all gone. Two cromis and one cardinal got suck by MP10.

And I like to use nutrient transport mode, the secret weapon mode of MP10 that the other don't have ^^

MasterMind9

Back to the same problem again, my over feeding habit does not match with any type of sand bed. Have to suck out the sand to BB again, hope the tank system will better, poor me T__T

Deleted User 4
Back to the same problem again, my over feeding habit does not match with any type of sand bed. Have to suck out the sand to BB again, hope the tank system will better, poor me T__T

Aww, really now? Love your sand though...

MasterMind9
Aww, really now? Love your sand though...

wah.. so you're going bb?

Should be half BB only half front cos at the back I use sand to lock the live rock if take out It may collapes. Another serious problem is if take out the sand can't not solve the tank system maybe I have to take coral out cos yesterday I found that my rainbow acan lost tissue and algea bloom. I don't have enough time as before since I started working. What a sad story, I still not achive my goal with this tank yet, winning TOTM of nano reef, maybe I have to step back and come back again when i'm ready. I can't bear to look at my coral drop down cos I can't look after it as before, place it to another SRC member tank until i'm ready and have time would be the best solution at the moment. T__T

Deleted User 4

If I were you, I'd cut down on feeding the corals. I only feed my picasso in my tank and my corals are thriving and growing fairly well. Should be the same for you. The only corals I would feed in your tank are the sun corals and gorgonians. But, if all of your gorgonians are photosynthetic, you shouldn't have to feed it phyto/oyster feast.

MasterMind9
If I were you, I'd cut down on feeding the corals. I only feed my picasso in my tank and my corals are thriving and growing fairly well. Should be the same for you. The only corals I would feed in your tank are the sun corals and gorgonians. But, if all of your gorgonians are photosynthetic, you shouldn't have to feed it phyto/oyster feast.

I already did but still not not get back on track yet so I try to take some sand out and cross finger , hope it works.

Deleted User 4
I already did but still not not get back on track yet so I try to take some sand out and cross finger , hope it works.

You tried a water change already? I think you should leave some sand to 1/2inch level which isn't too much sand nor will it suffice for your corals.

Edited by IIX
MasterMind9
You tried a water change already? I think you should leave some sand to 1/2inch level which isn't too much sand nor will it suffice for your corals.

Already do water changed and took some sand out yesterday, have to get back and see that it work or not, algea should reduce if it work. Another reason that I have to keep some sand is I have 5 gobies in the tank, want to make them remain happy.

Deleted User 4
Already do water changed and took some sand out yesterday, have to get back and see that it work or not, algea should reduce if it work. Another reason that I have to keep some sand is I have 5 gobies in the tank, want to make them remain happy.

I see. At least you have some sand left. :D

MasterMind9
I see. At least you have some sand left. :D

I do consider using live sand as the last option, I never try it before, do you think it will help ???

Deleted User 4
I do consider using live sand as the last option, I never try it before, do you think it will help ???

I've always used live sand. Mmm, if you do plan on using live sand, you'd better rinse it with some old saltwater before actually adding it into your display tank. This way it won't spike out the ammonia,nitrate, nitrite level.

I've always used live sand. Mmm, if you do plan on using live sand, you'd better rinse it with some old saltwater before actually adding it into your display tank. This way it won't spike out the ammonia,nitrate, nitrite level.

+1 master, this option works best! Remember you told me to use live sand that it won't cause any spike and to add slowly using live sand so that I won't have to worry about any bad algae or diatom break out. You said you would go this route if you were able to add live sand in for the next time instead of dead sand. You also said because of the dead sand you have to stir the sand bed a lot of time to keep your sand bed white. I hope you can find a solution soon because I always looking forward to your updates and beautiful photos of your reef tank.

I keep a very lite sandbed it's about half inch because I still like bb but right now I am having problem with ick again. So I took out all the fish and put in qt for now. :( it makes me wanna give up also but with your inspiration from you beautiful tank I am still hangin in the there.

MasterMind9
+1 master, this option works best! Remember you told me to use live sand that it won't cause any spike and to add slowly using live sand so that I won't have to worry about any bad algae or diatom break out. You said you would go this route if you were able to add live sand in for the next time instead of dead sand. You also said because of the dead sand you have to stir the sand bed a lot of time to keep your sand bed white. I hope you can find a solution soon because I always looking forward to your updates and beautiful photos of your reef tank.

I keep a very lite sandbed it's about half inch because I still like bb but right now I am having problem with ick again. So I took out all the fish and put in qt for now. :( it makes me wanna give up also but with your inspiration from you beautiful tank I am still hangin in the there.

I'm so sure that live sand is the best with start set up tank and tank that already set up and still has low livestock , but full load and still not stable as my take adding live sand may cause some bacteria system chance again. I would go with bb for a while but tank with white nice sand bed look pretty much better, don't you agree dude?^^

Let's past the problem together , l'll try my best to keep my tank running as nice as it use to be and your fish gonna get back healthy again david.

AMEN! I DO! If you go bb, i will go back to bb. Lol

So far 2 fish died now i am down back to 4 fish. So sad day. but my clownfish is doing good because of your tank. i decided to setup a small tank just for LPS underneath the cabinet stand. So now all i have in the 40B is SPS and scoly only.

Let's solve this problem together then.