Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

37G Shallow illuminated Reef tank

MasterMind9

MasterMind9
Yeah, I've seen chinchai's tank on reefcentral and on youtube. Not only does he have that huge sps display tank but he also has couple nano tanks..All of his tanks are amazing..wish I could go to thailand and check his tank out someday..

Btw, that is considered as an onyx clown.

Thanks for that, I really can't saperate parcular type, they are all beauty for me haha. Mr.Chingchai he is my master I started set up the tank from his adviced and he always welcome anyone to see his tank, wait until you see his Mangrove forest sump, absolutly fantastic.

Beautiful artist eye viewer you have! Corals colors are healthy and layout for each particular one is laid carefully to the eyes liking. I like the very open space it have and the anthias play a very important role in your aquarium and my opinion you made a very good choice on choosing those fish!

Hopefully I can get my tank to look half good as yours. I can't decide if I should just do LPS or SPS or just a mix reef but I kinda leaning toward the mixers both. Do you have any SPS in your tank or is it just softies and LPS?

Those pictures are mind blowing and may ask if I can use it as my desktop screen saver for inspiration courage. You are really a true master of arts and reefing. :)

Absolutly yes dude such an honor that my tank can inspire people :D Actully I didn't do it alone, my dad and my sister are part of the team, we all worked together and decided how the aspect of the tank should be.

My tank can't have SPS because I feed fish and corals all the time, sometime 4times a day so NO3 and PO4 never go to zero. SPS always get dark in a couple day so I have to choose to go with solfty and LPS. Personally I don't like SPS, they are to hard to maintain, drop too fast and have little movement unless you have a perfect water codition to see their polype swinging. I'm kinda guy that feel sad with every coral or fish when they die and SPS die so fast until I can't make up my mind so I decide not to kill them and hurt my feeling when it's gone in my tank haha :D

I always told myself that I'll buy only corals or fish that I can make them happy in my tank,don't take any risk to kill them because I lost almost 50 before coming to this point :(

parishilton

Your tank becomes even more amazing with the new aquascape. Give it a couple more months for the corals to adjust and you can win TOTM easily.

MasterMind9
Your tank becomes even more amazing with the new aquascape. Give it a couple more months for the corals to adjust and you can win TOTM easily.

Thanks so much bro, always dreaming to touch that prize as same as your tank ever did^^

Your tank is truly stunning. I really like the look of the shallow cube.

Thanks man

The lack of sps in addition to the shallow dimensions makes for a pretty unique tank, a job well done.

SPS is too hard for me to maintain that why I don't have any of them, even the toughest one montipora I still can't maintain, such a shame haha

d'Espresso

Do you feed your meat coral and your scolys? i am very interested but not sure what to do with mine. They look a little stressed. :/

Thanks for the update high quality pictures. very colorful, and amazing!

MasterMind9
Do you feed your meat coral and your scolys? i am very interested but not sure what to do with mine. They look a little stressed. :/

Thanks for the update high quality pictures. very colorful, and amazing!

I feed my fish about 3-4 times a day with a small amount of flake and pellet food some of them drop on scolly and they eat it. For corals once a day with mysis,oyster egg, cyclop and firstbits LPS food(highly recomend), all together randomly,some of them can be fish food too so on that day i'll reduce fish food feeding time to maintain the water quality. Sometime i feed it directly to coral sometime I pour it to the pump and let it flow around the tank But you have to make sure that you coral got the food, watch out the stolen fish.

I try my best to took pic by Iphone, have a great camara app called camera 360 , you should try it ^^

d'Espresso
I feed my fish about 3-4 times a day with a small amount of flake and pellet food some of them drop on scolly and they eat it. For corals once a day with mysis,oyster egg, cyclop and firstbits LPS food(highly recomend), all together randomly,some of them can be fish food too so on that day i'll reduce fish food feeding time to maintain the water quality. Sometime i feed it directly to coral sometime I pour it to the pump and let it flow around the tank But you have to make sure that you coral got the food, watch out the stolen fish.

I try my best to took pic by Iphone, have a great camara app called camera 360 , you should try it ^^

Yea i definitely will try out the camera 360, since i already have it on my iphone but never use it. haha. The more i look at your setup the more i am going toward adding that sand. haha

MasterMind9
Yea i definitely will try out the camera 360, since i already have it on my iphone but never use it. haha. The more i look at your setup the more i am going toward adding that sand. haha

I use the mode "enhancement" and sub mode "warm" . If you can find White live sand that would be great cos if the water current doesn't sufficient enough soon the whith dead sand will have algea all over as my old shallow illuminate I, have to clene it almost every day but thats not gonna happen if you use live sand.

d'Espresso

Now that's one beautiful show piece!

Can u pm the app for camera thanks I am not sure because there is a few app you are talking about. Thanks

Cheers,

David

MasterMind9

Last pic for now, I disturbed my coral to much by changing their position until some of them not open as usual. :( this is the last pic that all of corals still fully open, hope they will recover soon.

uyRoJc.jpg

MasterMind9
Nice :bowdown:

^^

Let me know what this app is, currently I only have an iphone and TBH my pictures are terrible.

App names Camera360 use effect enhancement

polarblair2000
Last pic for now, I disturbed my coral to much by changing their position until some of them not open as usual. :( this is the last pic that all of corals still fully open, hope they will recover soon.

uyRoJc.jpg

:bowdown: Now that is a tank!

Hope the corals bounce back quickly.

MasterMind9
:bowdown: Now that is a tank!

Hope the corals bounce back quickly.

Hopefully, start to bounce back some of them but still not in the spot.

d'Espresso

Is it hard to keep your flowerpot happy? I see you have a very nice red one. What's the coral that look like a tree in the back right side of your tank?

You have a beautiful tank, really impressed.

You noted that you had problems earlier due to bio-pellets. May I ask you to share your experience more specifically:

1. What happened with the bio-pellets?

2. Why do you think the happened?

3. How did you fix it? Did you just remove the pellets?

I am asking the question because I suspect I am having a similar issue, but not sure.

MasterMind9
Is it hard to keep your flowerpot happy? I see you have a very nice red one. What's the coral that look like a tree in the back right side of your tank?

Now I kept the red flowerpot for a year by feedind oyster egg several times a week. The coral at the right is blueberry sea fan (photosyn)

You have a beautiful tank, really impressed.

You noted that you had problems earlier due to bio-pellets. May I ask you to share your experience more specifically:

1. What happened with the bio-pellets?

2. Why do you think the happened?

3. How did you fix it? Did you just remove the pellets?

I am asking the question because I suspect I am having a similar issue, but not sure.

1. Over dosing

2.my tank in a great condition for almost 6months but after I used bio-pellets about 2week(approximate time that normal bio-pellets start working) the tank drop down.

3.removed it then changed water 2times a week for a month to remove excessive bacteria and add C-balance every 2days to make corals get most element to recover.

New scape is better!

I think so, I love it more than the old one^^

Colours are very rich. Stunning.

Thanks man^^

Edited by MasterMind9