Top Shelf Aquatics

37G Shallow illuminated Reef tank

MasterMind9

nanolutionary

I absolutely :wub: this tank but I still can't help but empathise with those fish since I had a similar major overcrowding experience in London last night immediately after the celebratory fireworks finished.

• 4 weeks later...
GuitarMan1024

I love your 37G tank Master Mind 9! From your pictures it looks as if it is spotless both on the sand, rock, and glass. I have an Innovative Marine 16G reef that I am having troble with hair alge on my rock, in my zooas and alge in and on the surface of my sand bed. What is your secret to keeping your tank so spotless???? Please help!!!

• 1 month later...

Very amazing and inspiring Tank!

I really like your simple overflow/return pipe design. What exactly does it consist off?

Is it noisy at all?

• 4 months later...
MasterMind9

Thanks every one for support Shallow Illuminated! Quite sometime that I didn't stop by to this web,really miss this warm home. As I promised to all police tang who have been chasing me around my thread for my beloved blue tang for a bigger home. Now that requested is fulfilled, I already set up new 175G 48x30x24 and now he is doing fine in his new home, i'll start new thread shortly,hope you guy still support as always^^

• Like 1

Welcome back buddy! I am glad to hear you have upgraded to a bigger tank! I was wondering where u were. Do you have a new thread for your bigger tank or link? We all would like to see your progress!

• Like 1
MasterMind9
Welcome back buddy! I am glad to hear you have upgraded to a bigger tank! I was wondering where u were. Do you have a new thread for your bigger tank or link? We all would like to see your progress!

Long time no see bro! just check out your tank,brilliant job you have done so far. I really need to keep up and may need your advice about SPS also coz now my new tank set up for SPS which I dont have any experience about it before, zeovit addition may apply to it also. I already made thread in SRC website but still in Thai language so by this weekend i'll start translate it into English then we'll see how much progress I've achieved now. See ya bro , good to be back^^

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...
MasterMind9

Due to Covid-19 situation force me to work at home, plenty of time to take care a tank now. After 5 years since the last tank, my goal is to get back to the hall of frame again ( totm ) . Let's see I still got it or not with this little tiny one^^

Main tank : Dymax IQ7 max 19Liters

Skimmer : Dymax tiny 

Lighting : Dymax LED

Cooling system : Fan

20200321_142040.jpg

20200321_145136.jpg

• Like 2
MasterMind9

FTS , still pretty much space to add corals but I still can't stabilize the temperature yet. Now the temp. Swing from 25-27 degree C.  

20200327_100236-01.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Looks fantastic. Really glad to see your back! Im getting back into the swing of things myself after a 4 year hiatus.

Quick question what the height of the water in your skimmer chamber?

MasterMind9
On 3/30/2020 at 7:51 AM, Rehype said:

Looks fantastic. Really glad to see your back! Im getting back into the swing of things myself after a 4 year hiatus.

Quick question what the height of the water in your skimmer chamber?

Hey man! I'm so happy to see some old friend ^^ 

The height of the water is the same with the water in the main tank. Actually I'm not consider it as a decent " skimmer " cos it just an simple air stone and a cup collector. But better have somthing than nothing at all haha. 

20200330_194258-01.jpeg

• Like 2
On 4/2/2020 at 9:26 AM, MasterMind9 said:

Hey man! I'm so happy to see some old friend ^^ 

The height of the water is the same with the water in the main tank. Actually I'm not consider it as a decent " skimmer " cos it just an simple air stone and a cup collector. But better have somthing than nothing at all haha. 

20200330_194258-01.jpeg

Likewise!Its been a long time .glad to see you haven't lost your love of reefing. Its pretty funny we came back to the hobby after a long hiatus at the same time with a 5 gallon tank 😁

I  also have the same skimmer! it was one of the only I could find that would fit in the chamber in my sump. So far it works just fine 

The tank looks great so far! 

Looks amazing. Just starting out a nano again after ten years off though I’ve planned a return for ten years...

Did you introduce coral on your first day or how long did you wait? Got any clean up crew such as Hermitz or snails or anything?

MasterMind9
On 4/4/2020 at 9:17 PM, Rehype said:

Likewise!Its been a long time .glad to see you haven't lost your love of reefing. Its pretty funny we came back to the hobby after a long hiatus at the same time with a 5 gallon tank 😁

I  also have the same skimmer! it was one of the only I could find that would fit in the chamber in my sump. So far it works just fine 

The tank looks great so far! 

Can you leave the link of your tank here bro, I really love to watch how's your new tank going^^

Thanks to Covid 19, force me to stay home 24/7 for 2 weeks now. If I don't set up this tank, I'll lost my mind for sure haha

MasterMind9
On 4/4/2020 at 9:28 PM, debbeach13 said:

Welcome back. Sweet tank! 

Thank you so much^^

13 hours ago, ppsthlm said:

Looks amazing. Just starting out a nano again after ten years off though I’ve planned a return for ten years...

Did you introduce coral on your first day or how long did you wait? Got any clean up crew such as Hermitz or snails or anything?

I think the key and little secrete are using a decent live rock and new red sea salt water since day one and add over dose amount of bacteria everyday. Also adding high level of O2 by air stone.

By assuming that my live rock have enough bacteria to convert ammonia to nitrite. I skip measure Amonia and No2 , then monitor only No3 ( in fact i just find an excuse to save money for ammonia tester haha)

So if No3 went up more than 50 ppm I do a water change for 50% right away.

Change 20% of water every 2 day. I added a couple of coral on day 2, added a red blood fire shrimp on day 3,all coral full tank on day 5 and a pair of clownfish on day 7. With limit amount of light, only blue and an hour of white light to keep the algae level to minimum and wait for the tank to fully cycle. After day 10 algae seem to reduce, full lighting is ready to go.

No algae control crew at all, only toothbrush on the rock before water changing.

• Like 1