Innovative Marine Aquariums

Professional Grade Designer Heatsinks

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Looking for that "finished" look for your DIY LED project. LEDGroupBuy has teamed up with MakersLED to bring you the best customizable heatsink on the market for DIY LED Lighting, custom made for aquariums!

Pre Order now and lock yours in. Limited Quantities

nano.png

• 2 weeks later...

Milad,

This looks awesome! Some questions about this fixture:

1. What is the width at top and bottom points? A simple dimensional drawing would be cool!

2. The material in the pictures looks like its powder coated, not smooth. I am concerned it might have issues with heat transfer between the star and the heatsink. Is this because its a prototype and the actual product is expected to be smooth like heatsinkusa product?

3. Will you be offering the black side panels together with the kit? Are they included in every kit?

4. What is the distance between the base and the splash guard? Will any optic fit in there?

5. Will you include the small top plastic piece that is shown in the video to mount switches, pots, etc?

Thanks for bringing this very innovative product. You are killing my bank account! :-)

Really liking the looks/functions of this unit, but I'm really concerned about the base thickness (or lack of it). It looks pretty thin in the videos and the fan becomes a mandatory accessory.

Hi pwreef,

1. What is the width at top and bottom points? A simple dimensional drawing would be cool!

nano_reef_makersled_dimensions.png

Also, we have a Google Sketchup model out there on Google Warehouse if you are interested in seeing it in 3D or planning your build. Search "MakersLED"

2. The material in the pictures looks like its powder coated, not smooth. I am concerned it might have issues with heat transfer between the star and the heatsink. Is this because its a prototype and the actual product is expected to be smooth like heatsinkusa product?

These will have the same finish as the heatsinkusa heatsinks. The prototype is just a little crude.

Also, the base at its narrowest is 1/8" inch thick. I'm fairly certain this is more heatsink than the Ecotech uses http://reefbuilders.com/2011/09/19/ecotech...e-radion-led-2/

3. Will you be offering the black side panels together with the kit? Are they included in every kit?

At this time we are not offering the side panels. We've sized these to fit Formica (counter top material), 1/16" acrylic, or anything 1.5mm or less -- there are lots of options around for this. One customer I talked to has plans to just paint that strip.

4. What is the distance between the base and the splash guard? Will any optic fit in there?

1 inch - to accommodate lots of optics options! There are multiple slot steps to allow you to slide the acrylic close to the lens to potentially "pin" it down.

5. Will you include the small top plastic piece that is shown in the video to mount switches, pots, etc?

I hope that in the next 2-3 weeks we will have this as an an offering.

If you have any more questions be sure to let me know!

If I wanted to put together a 36" version of one of these and make the lighting similar to a Radion with reds and greens among other colors involved, what would you suggest? Would the 36" be too much over a 40 breeder?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
If I wanted to put together a 36" version of one of these and make the lighting similar to a Radion with reds and greens among other colors involved, what would you suggest? Would the 36" be too much over a 40 breeder?

36" would be fine. You can even get away with the 24"

For the radion mimic, I would probably do the new OCW (Ocean Coral White) instead of the different colors (if you want to keep it simple)

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=294733

• 4 weeks later...

Will the 24" on a 40 breeder require special lenses on the ends? How many Ocean Coral Whites? I have some Acros near the top down to Rics at the bottom.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Will the 24" on a 40 breeder require special lenses on the ends? How many Ocean Coral Whites? I have some Acros near the top down to Rics at the bottom.

It depends on how high off the water you hang it. If you start passing 10" you want to start looking at 40 degree optics. If you are under the, 60 or 80 degree.

It depends on how high off the water you hang it. If you start passing 10" you want to start looking at 40 degree optics. If you are under the, 60 or 80 degree.

I can do any of those heights. What's optimal? Ocean Coral White count?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
I can do any of those heights. What's optimal? Ocean Coral White count?

1/2 or 1/3 of the number of Neutral Whites you have.

I would suggest about 10"

Archived