SaltCritters.com

3up on 90 Gallon

bcnc

Want to build a new light for my 90, using 3up lights. Not sure how many I would need to support SPS and clams, and what configuration. I assume the 2 RB 1 NW would be preferred. I will be using my Apex to control the light dimming programs, so I assume I need the dimmable Meanwell drivers. Trying to evaluate the best heat sink configuration with the intent to create an enclosure from acrylic and create a custom over tank light with no canopy - I have a real good acrylic fabricator nearby. Should this be split into several heat sinks - 2 - 24" or maybe even 4 - 12", or a single 48"? Can this be 4-6" off the surface and what optics would be preferred? Lots of questions, been reading a lot, but haven't seen the 3up lights in this exact application.

Thanks in advance!

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

For a 90g with mainly SPS, you want about 24 3UPs with 40 degree optics hung about 10" from water surface.

For the heatsink, probably two 24" heatsinks would be ideal or even 18". Just makes it easier to work with.

Thanks for the quick reply. As far as a heat sink, what width would I want to use? I may split into two 24", have also looked at the makersLED kits, any thoughts on those? I may try one of those on my Solana, since it is 20x20 with a few SPS under the disco halide now, what 3up config would you recommend for it?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Thanks for the quick reply. As far as a heat sink, what width would I want to use? I may split into two 24", have also looked at the makersLED kits, any thoughts on those? I may try one of those on my Solana, since it is 20x20 with a few SPS under the disco halide now, what 3up config would you recommend for it?

MakersLED is probably the best option.

And im not saying that just because we are carrying them as our main heatsink.... :)

Cool, I didn't realize that. Can you PM me with a quote for the 90, assuming 2 24" modules is the best option with dimmable drivers to work with my Apex Neptune? Also, any thoughts for a Solana 34g to replace the disco ball would be appreciated.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Cool, I didn't realize that. Can you PM me with a quote for the 90, assuming 2 24" modules is the best option with dimmable drivers to work with my Apex Neptune? Also, any thoughts for a Solana 34g to replace the disco ball would be appreciated.

Inventroincs work fine with the APEX

The MakersLED is the "kit" for the heatsink. Basically you can put whatever LEDs you want in it with drivers and the heatsink/design/hanging/etc is taken care of with the MakersLED heatsink. What you end up with is a professional looking DIY fixture that you can show off to the locals.

You haven't heard about this yet because we just finalized the numbers. You will end up seeing all the boards blow up tomorrow about this probably.

Well, I am more than happy to buy the whole setup from you, let me know when it is available - looks like 6 weeks or so - and what the total is with drivers, 3up's, optics and all related parts for both the 90 and the Solana 34. I am ready to go.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

They are going into the manufacturing phase on Monday which will be about 6 weeks from then but the prices will be up on them hopefully before the weekend so you will be able to fill your shopping cart and get some estimates.

I was going to pre-order from them for at least the Solana tomorrow, glad I reached out to you. I assume your pricing will be comparable. Will you have a kit set up or individual parts? Send me a note when they are available to order, I am anxious to get this going.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
I was going to pre-order from them for at least the Solana tomorrow, glad I reached out to you. I assume your pricing will be comparable. Will you have a kit set up or individual parts? Send me a note when they are available to order, I am anxious to get this going.

Pricing actually should be cheaper if you are buying LEDs also from us because we give you free shipping in the USA. Comes with everything you need, just add LEDs + Drivers

They are now up:

http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/makersled-heats...essional-grade/

Archived