inTank Media Baskets

JBJ 30 Gallon Rimless

nyknicks4412

nyknicks4412

Anyone have any pics of these new tanks or the sump area? Finding a lack of information on them but they seem really nice. Would like to know some dimensions or how the filtration system works in them.

You've probably seen most of this already. However, there are a couple of pics of the media basket that aren't on most sites.

ย 

JBJ-Nano-Cube-RL-Rimless-Biotope-Aquarium-30-Gallon-99.jpg

Aquarium Specs:

โ—† 30 Gallon Capacity

โ—† 8 mm Bent Glass

โ—† Tempered Glass Lid & Clips

โ—† Dimensions: 23.6" x 19.7" x 16.5" (60 cm x 50 cm x 42cm )

Filtration:

โ—† Acrylic Filter Wall w/ Dual Overflows

โ—† 3 stage filter Media basket

โ—† Mechanical Sponges

โ—† Activated Carbon Sponges

โ—† Biological Ceramic rings

โ—† Dual return Nozzles

โ—† Designated Heater Column

โ—† Designated Refugium Column

NanocubeRL_flyer.jpg

ย 

...the 30-gallon aquarium doesnโ€™t appear to have a singe, centrally mounted overflow. Instead, it has dual overflows located on the left and right side with the return pumps located in the middle chamber.

ย 

396067_10150606571365941_52636300940_11396341_552689143_n.jpg

ย 

397989_10150606572630941_52636300940_11396346_1384415787_n.jpg

ย 

HTH

nyknicks4412
You've probably seen most of this already. However, there are a couple of pics of the media basket that aren't on most sites.

ย 

JBJ-Nano-Cube-RL-Rimless-Biotope-Aquarium-30-Gallon-99.jpg

Aquarium Specs:

โ—† 30 Gallon Capacity

โ—† 8 mm Bent Glass

โ—† Tempered Glass Lid & Clips

โ—† Dimensions: 23.6" x 19.7" x 16.5" (60 cm x 50 cm x 42cm )

Filtration:

โ—† Acrylic Filter Wall w/ Dual Overflows

โ—† 3 stage filter Media basket

โ—† Mechanical Sponges

โ—† Activated Carbon Sponges

โ—† Biological Ceramic rings

โ—† Dual return Nozzles

โ—† Designated Heater Column

โ—† Designated Refugium Column

NanocubeRL_flyer.jpg

ย 

...the 30-gallon aquarium doesnโ€™t appear to have a singe, centrally mounted overflow. Instead, it has dual overflows located on the left and right side with the return pumps located in the middle chamber.

ย 

396067_10150606571365941_52636300940_11396341_552689143_n.jpg

ย 

397989_10150606572630941_52636300940_11396346_1384415787_n.jpg

ย 

HTH

ย 

That was exactly what I was looking for...thank you! Haha finally...do you own the tank?

That was exactly what I was looking for...thank you! Haha finally...do you own the tank?
Nope, just thought I'd help you out. :happy:
nyknicks4412
Nope, just thought I'd help you out. :happy:

ย 

Was a huge help...now if i could just get the dimensions on the two side compartments to see what would fit and if it would be possible to run a skimmer or heater in them with the fluctuating water levels

nyknicks4412

part of me wishes it was just one side with an overflow and one return...is a 30 gallon rimless aio with a decent sump area so much to ask for

part of me wishes it was just one side with an overflow and one return...is a 30 gallon rimless aio with a decent sump area so much to ask for

ย 

I agree with this, if there is anyone who has info about a rimless 30g aio maybe something custom built please post it up.

I agree with this, if there is anyone who has info about a rimless 30g aio maybe something custom built please post it up.

Build it yourself. It's not like it's that much different from any other AIO build.

Looks nearly identical to the IM crap. I know the people that started IM came from JBJ...but come on, someone copied someone here...

My JBJ 30 has been up and running for about a month now. The dimensions for the overflows on each side are 4.5" x 4.5". I don't have any pics as my camera took a dookie, but I will be posting some shortly :) I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

nyknicks4412
My JBJ 30 has been up and running for about a month now. The dimensions for the overflows on each side are 4.5" x 4.5". I don't have any pics as my camera took a dookie, but I will be posting some shortly :) I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

ย 

Could you maybe help walk me through how it works?

ย 

My understanding is that water overflows in the center and runs through the media. Is there an area in here to run chaeto as well? This water in the center then flows outwards into the two return areas correct? Is there room in these two return areas to place a heater and run hob equipment like a skimmer? Is the water level consistent to run an ATO?

ย 

The equipment i would be using would be a reef octopus bh-1000, avast nano ato, various rkl probes and a heater. If there isn't room for this stuff outside of the display area it really wouldn't be worth getting for me.

Could you maybe help walk me through how it works?

ย 

My understanding is that water overflows in the center and runs through the media. Is there an area in here to run chaeto as well? This water in the center then flows outwards into the two return areas correct? Is there room in these two return areas to place a heater and run hob equipment like a skimmer? Is the water level consistent to run an ATO?

ย 

The equipment i would be using would be a reef octopus bh-1000, avast nano ato, various rkl probes and a heater. If there isn't room for this stuff outside of the display area it really wouldn't be worth getting for me.

ย 

The 30g model has two overflows on each side of the tank. Water flows down through the media basket in the two 1st chambers (4.5"x4.5"). Water flow then continues up a second chamber (4.5"x2" on right 4.5"x3" on left) which both overflow into a center chamber(4.5" x 8") where the duel return pumps are located. It is the same general idea as the nuvo 38 or 16 (nuvo 30 has one return pump in center)

nyknicks4412
The 30g model has two overflows on each side of the tank. Water flows down through the media basket in the two 1st chambers (4.5"x4.5"). Water flow then continues up a second chamber (4.5"x2" on right 4.5"x3" on left) which both overflow into a center chamber(4.5" x 8") where the duel return pumps are located. It is the same general idea as the nuvo 38 or 16 (nuvo 30 has one return pump in center)

ย 

Nice that helps a lot! Is the water level consistent in the center chamber?

Nice that helps a lot! Is the water level consistent in the center chamber?

ย 

It varies as evaporation occurs but I have an auto top off sensor in the middle chamber so there is always 6 to 8 inches of water in the center chamber. You can pretty much control how much water you want in there by toping it off.

• 2 weeks later...
nyknicks4412
It varies as evaporation occurs but I have an auto top off sensor in the middle chamber so there is always 6 to 8 inches of water in the center chamber. You can pretty much control how much water you want in there by toping it off.

ย 

Nice I am thinking about buying this now! My one concern is finding a skimmer that will run on it. Is there any way you could tell me how deep down the water levels are for each chamber in the sump? This will tell me if the tubing for a HOB skimmer will reach it to suck water up. The skimmer I want to run on the tank is this one...

ย 

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/produc...oct-bh1000.html

ย 

I am thinking it would suck water out of one of the side chambers and then return the water in the second chamber due to its width. But if the water levels in either of these chambers are too low this wouldn't be possible.

• 8 months later...

My LFS has them fs and they are really well made tanks...i checked it cloesely and was pretty impressed with the overall quality

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Need some help on this...

ย 

So I decided to purchase a 30 gallon jbj Rimless and will be setting it up shortly. I have a question for you guys. I decided to get store credit for the two stock return pumps and added a Y fitting in the back so I would only have to run one pump instead of two to cut down pump maintenance and just keep things more simple. I picked up a JEBO A3500 thats rated at 660GPH, I added both the stock pumps together which would have gave me 530GPH. Do you think this pump is overkill, if so any good recommendations for a quality and quiet pump would be much appreciated. The head pressure from the bottom of the tank to the top of the return nozzles is around 14" which isn't calculated into any of the pump ratings.

Can the overflow handle that much flow? Normally we add powerheads on the display side to provide the needed flow. The stock pump(s) are intended to provide flow to the filter chambers. I'm sorry, I don't know what it came with, the design of the chambers, or how much flow they can handle, so I can't specifically address your question.

Archived