SaltCritters.com

Cerealkillers Biocube 29

Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

Hey everyone been out of the hobby for about 4 years now and decided to come back to it. I'm using my old biocube Ive added a Media rack from Intank and have the fuge basket on the way. For lights Im using a 20" current nova extreme that I got from a fellow nano-reefer (JavaJacketOC). Ive added 30lbs of live sand and 30lbs of BRS reef saver rock. Also to be added is a mp 10 and jbj ato as well as a hydor slim skim nano as well as a RKL. This is my tank as it looks now with no water in it. I wanted to get some opinions on my aquascaping see if people like it or have some Ideas. Any comments would be great thanks in advance.

2012-03-27_19-00-59_265.jpg

Cereal Killer

Would you say it looked better in the first picture then in the 2nd? Just want to get a general Idea. I'm my own worst critic when it comes to this stuff. I'm never happy with my aquacape. Thinking of taking the biggest chunk of rock wrap it in a heavy duty plastic bag and drop it from the roof hahah should either get some interesting shapes or a lot of dust.

TeflonTomDosh
Would you say it looked better in the first picture then in the 2nd? Just want to get a general Idea. I'm my own worst critic when it comes to this stuff. I'm never happy with my aquacape. Thinking of taking the biggest chunk of rock wrap it in a heavy duty plastic bag and drop it from the roof hahah should either get some interesting shapes or a lot of dust.

Drop it from the roof? That might hurt the pavement. I use my girlfriends forehead to break mine up.

Cereal Killer
Drop it from the roof? That might hurt the pavement. I use my girlfriends forehead to break mine up.

Haha now there's a thought. But most likely Id be the next John Bobbitt.

Cereal Killer
Your third attempt pics were my inspiration for our new 38g!

Wow thanks! I've finally got it a way I like it. I like yours as well looks good.

Cereal Killer

Ok I know I have a couple more weeks till my cycle is over but Im just thinking about my fish choices right now I'm thinking of

2 Clowns (Picasso or Snowflake)

Tailspot blenny

six line wrasse

What do people think? The only one I'm having reservations about is the six line its seems 50/50 that the fish will have a napoleon complex.

Ok I know I have a couple more weeks till my cycle is over but Im just thinking about my fish choices right now I'm thinking of

2 Clowns (Picasso or Snowflake)

Tailspot blenny

six line wrasse

What do people think? The only one I'm having reservations about is the six line its seems 50/50 that the fish will have a napoleon complex.

I have 2 clowns, yellow watchman goby, tailspot blenny, and a six line. Love them all. I made sure to add the six line last as it's know to be agressive. It's been a model citizen. Add the clowns, then the blenny, and then the six line.

Cereal Killer

CuC on its way should be here on Tuesday.AI Sol super blue will be here on Friday. Got a question are 2 MP- 10's to much flow for a 29G Biocube? Future stocking 2 White knight Clownfish,Tailspot blenny,Goby/shrimp combo, and still on the fence on the Six line any other Ideas for a last fish? Keep in mind for now Im going topless so that put out fire fish I'm pretty sure.

CuC on its way should be here on Tuesday.AI Sol super blue will be here on Friday. Got a question are 2 MP- 10's to much flow for a 29G Biocube? Future stocking 2 White knight Clownfish,Tailspot blenny,Goby/shrimp combo, and still on the fence on the Six line any other Ideas for a last fish? Keep in mind for now Im going topless so that put out fire fish I'm pretty sure.

Only get another MP10 if it fits into your upgrade plan :). I've strongly considered one but I don't feel it's necessary. Spend that money on an Apex controller first.

Opinions:

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1EXTREM...-TDS-Meter.html

Good, bad anyone use this one? Also just looking to see what salt people are using. Ive heard good things with instant ocean reef crystals and red sea salt. Looking at Tropic Marin BIO-ACTIF Salt

I've always read that AWI makes good stuff. I used H2Ocean salt when I started but have switched to reef crystals. No issues with either. RC is way cheaper though. Heard good things about Seachem Salinity and may switch to that in the future.

I have a typhoonII and it works great no issues and they responded reasonably quick to any questions I had.

I use reef crystals.. mixes quick. All basic parameters for fresh salt are in check once made.. so not much more to say about it.. works good :)

Cereal Killer

Clean up crew came today they are doing good climbing all around the rocks and glass. Here's a funny question can a brittle stars leg live independently from its body? Cause that's what it looks like its doing. I got one from reef cleaners and a leg fell off now its moving on its own. And just want to say reefcleaners is a great place John was great

Video of Brittle Leg

th_2012-04-17_17-46-44_92.jpg

Cereal Killer

Hey everyone I just got done hooking up the AI sol super blue and I have to say I am really happy with it my tank looks great and I don't even have any coral yet. I have a question for the people who use this light please take a look at my lighting schedule and let me know what you think. Im thinking its a little to low but id be glad to hear what people think Also if you leave any sugestions just keep in mind I'm home usually most of the day till about 3pm and gone till 11pm so Id like the lights to come on sooner than later. Thanks in advance.

6 am 1/6/6 30m

8 am 3/8/8 30m

9 am 8/16/16 30m

10a 19/28/28 100m

1p 18/27/27 100m

5p 4/20/20 30m

7p 2/14/14 30m

9p 3/8/8 30m

12a 4/4/4 15m lunar on

25% chance thunderstorms 2x/day

Archived