Top Shelf Aquatics

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

Hi guys / gals,

Good day today, Over 4 hours of sculpturing, cutting, scaping, zip-ties, gel glues, bonding, drilling, drying and waiting. This is the scape i had came up with in my head and now create on John ReefCleaners Macro rocks. I used about 13lbs of live rock that i had been curing in the QT and just glue the smaller piece to cover up the zip-ties. Here is the outcome

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Will take some FTS updated in a little bit.

If there is something i need to change please don't hesitate advise me. i be more glad to add or change something out from the scape. :happy:

Best regard,

David

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sexy. Every time I see this setup I am tempted to go to home depot and find that cabinet and start building!!

you sir, make rimmed tanks look classy.
Thanks, I try to find the best simple way to make it look clean as possible

Are those DIY PVC overflows reliable or what? Would you trust one leasing an apartment on second floor?
Yes, i had been success with the overflow for over 8 months and built this new one is improving much better but i wouldn't recommend if you live second floor without renter insurances.

Me either, but I saw it while researching.

All that work, and no drilling?!

Thanks i had google search and diy the bulk already and is working very great!

Beautiful tank... Following along for sure!
Thanks, Welcome aboard
Awesome setup! Keep the pics and updates coming!
Thanks, I will keep it coming forsure

well done david. like that was any doubt :P
:lol:

This is an awesome build!!

I want to duplicate it soooo bad, lol, but with my lights of course

Cant wait to see it filled!!

You should do it with your Lights! How many do you think i should need if i get them and any deals you can support me?

Best regard

Thanks, I try to find the best simple way to make it look clean as possible

Yes, i had been success with the overflow for over 8 months and built this new one is improving much better but i wouldn't recommend if you live second floor without renter insurances.

Thanks i had google search and diy the bulk already and is working very great!

Thanks, Welcome aboard

Thanks, I will keep it coming forsure

:lol:

You should do it with your Lights! How many do you think i should need if i get them and any deals you can support me?

Best regard

Three with 80 degree optics, this way you get a good spread, can keep them closer to the water line and get sufficient PAR.

PM me and we can work something out.

I am seriously contemplating a similar build, this color and style matches my new kitchen perfectly.

Thanks,

Mike C.

Sick! Setup is so clean. Good luck with the build.
Thankyou

Wow man, wow :) Bummer you didn't drill but what a clean setup!
I wanted to drill but i didn't want to take a risk. I wanted to do a herbie on the bottom but wasn't sure if it was tempt glass or not. So i took the easy and clean way out. Thanks

hey you

creative tank, squared likey :)

were did you get the black PVC?

I just paint it fushion krylon black
Sweet build... And great choice on the SC-65 skimmer. Mine works like a champ - one of the best skimmers for the price .

***subscribed*** omgomgomg

So far, so good. just waiting for it to break it more. it fit perfect in the proflex model 1 sump

I love that color cordination :) Makes me want my 40Br back up! Great work
Go for it! The more breeders the more merrier!
Awesome looking build! love the white trim on the tank and the DIY overflow.
Your tank is awesome too! Thanks for your nice comments

Best regard

WHAT! How does it stay supported! :o

Amazing!

It is supported with alot of ZIP-TIES and GEL SUPER GLUE. I had to drill small and big holes carefully so i can slip in the zips. I started off with the long slanted arch and pick out the flat rocks and that are lite. Then i secure the arch to the heavy rock to support it from tipping over. The heavy rock balance out the others and also giving it a unique look. i was trying to play around the space to keep it simple. i have imagine how i will have to layout the SPS corals on the arch, that is why i have plan to do the way it is.

Now that's a sculpture! I love how it came out! Mine took all weekend and a bottle of tequila.
Thanks, Wow it took yours a whole week? oh yeah its because of the tequila. :lol:

Awesome Scape! Defies gravity!
Thankyou so much!

So sexy. Every time I see this setup I am tempted to go to home depot and find that cabinet and start building!!
Yes Go for it! Remember when you go to home depot, you will find it in the bathroom section called: VANITY w/o the top, It's pretty pricey! but it was worth the trip and plus i am not a handy guy or have the right tools to custom make a stand myself.

Best regard

Love that aquascape. Now that's the way a tank should be scaped. Is this tank wet yet?

Hi guys / gals

Here it is my first FTS and testing phase. Please excuse the dirty tank and picture quality. I can't get that

true color yet on LEDS. But i hope you all enjoy it! The corals have been transfer and is not placed where i

wanted to be yet so please excuse that portion of the tank. I hope there is only a little cycle only and not a

big crash. fingerscrossed

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Best regard

Thanks Spirofucci and Rehype for the nice comments. It's because i moved to florida where the sun always stay sunny and there is plenty of LFS around the area. I just couldn't resist on getting back so sooner. The plan from moving and building my dream tank is my wife idea. She told me by dropping everything and move to another stay that i can build the tank i want when we get here. I told her that she didn't have to do that but we move here because we need to stick together as a family. So then we just move and now we are here and loving it so far.

Wait, there's water in there? :lol:
If you look closely you can see my pair S'more clownfish from hyperboy that i got 6 months ago. :0

Wow what a clean, refined scape. Beautiful semiarch, just great.
Thank you kind sir for the nice comment.
Yeah I guess it's okay if you like really nice tanks with great scapes. :lol:

Good job. B)

Yeah i think so too, do you think i need to change it up alittle bit or keep it the way it is? I am still turking it around a little. But thanks for the comment.

Your tank is awesome also!

Also on the tank:

My tank still hasn't fully stablized from the move, I've checked the parameters last night, everything seems to be along the norm except S.G. It is a little on the high end, I will be adding in some RO/DI water to slowly lower it back to 1.026.

Best regard

Yeah i think so too, do you think i need to change it up alittle bit or keep it the way it is? I am still turking it around a little. But thanks for the comment.

Your tank is awesome also!

Best regard

I think you could benefit from building up both the semi arch and the island a few inches but we all know what happens when you start you mess with the scape. :lol: especially when your corals start growing in it will boost the height of both. I wouldn't touch a thing!

Thank you for the compliment, I worked really hard on my scape. Next tank will be done with live rock recipes and molds to avoid using PVC again. I don't regret PVC but it doesn't contribute to my bio filtration.

Archived