Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice layout! Looking forward to watching this one!
Hi, Thanks for the nice comment and welcome aboard Genj

Mother of god! That's a lot of equipment.

the sc-65 is decent from what I've read, but you can modify it to improve it. The flange from the input that fits into the skimmer body can be filed down. There are threads on this (don't have link, think it was a discussion on reef central).

Thanks you, Is there a link you can share. i don't hang out over in reef central to much. :/

:bowdown: DAAAAAAANG

Based on what we've seen so far I think its safe to say your tank will be kick azz!!

I have a brand new 40B in my garage that I want to set up so im gonna follow

You should set it up too! Do it!!!

I like that you took the time to paint the plastic on the tank to match the cabinet. So many times this is overlooked and it really makes one heck of a difference.
Thank you, i always goes by the saying. "If you gonna do it, Do it right the first time" :)

Now I want a 40B.
Go for it!

Best regard

Nice job on the white trim. I liked your last tank, I don't see why this one won't be just as worth following. 40's have such great dimensions.

looks very neat but not much space to work in if something goes wrong :/
Hi, Yes it is limited space, but had plans and tested everything before the final go. My last tank was my testing period with very limited space also that's why this new build is all about placement and cleanest but if you could point out some of the things. i am willing to learn and take some advices. thanks!
Nice job on the white trim. I liked your last tank, I don't see why this one won't be just as worth following. 40's have such great dimensions.
Hello, Thankyou for your nice comments. I will just going to miss being rimless for awhile now. I had thought about removing the trim but i did not wanted to take a risk.

Hi guys/gals,

I have news! :happydance:

The display, sump and the overflow is almost ready, just waiting on the skimmer to get here today.

Just finished mounting together the overflow. I had always a success with this overflow style and it is super quite.

i don't like drilling tank so i try to avoid it by doing this way. What do you all think?

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

To be able to match the trim of the tank and inside of the background, i tape up the part where i wanted the

overflow inside the tank to be invisible to paint it black as you can see in the picture.

Today I will install the new SC-65 skimmer and will fire up the Maxspect to test the lighting length

Tank looks Great, Love the white trim.

I have the DIY PVC Overflow also and i have to agree, works great and quite........GLWTB

Looks great! I love that I went to a 40b, <insert opinion>by far the best tank option for size and dimensions. </opinion>

Can't wait to follow along!

Are ya painting the lights??? I like that it matches. White tanks are cool!

Looking great!

Hi, I will not be painting any lights because i am still looking for some light options but in the mean time i will be using my Maxspect G2 160w temporary. There is a trick i have use to make it look like i painted. i am using one of the undercabinet lights shield cover to make it look like i have a 24" light pendant. Thanks

Looks like excellence so far, following along :)
I appreciated your comments, thanks for following. More to come

Tank looks Great, Love the white trim.

I have the DIY PVC Overflow also and i have to agree, works great and quite........GLWTB

Thank you my friend, your tank and DIY PVC Overflow is awesome too!

Looks great! I love that I went to a 40b, by far the best tank option for size and dimensions.

Can't wait to follow along!

True Story, I wish i had went with a 40b for the longest time. Now my wish just came true! They are far the best tank option for size and dimensions it is so true. haha
Woah! Extremely clean.
Thank you! Glad you like it

Hi

Just fired up the Maxspect over the tank, I love the amount of light it puts out, I think we gonna get this

started sooner! Also here is the new SC-65 Skimmer, So far it looks promising and i have started testing out

the skimmer with my left over WC from last time. It is pulling some nasty gunk already in 30mins!

*Painted the Rails of the lamp tree to match the whole setup also too*

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

Took it out of the box and did a little modification and Just cut the barb off the output fitting flush with the

portion of the fitting that secures the pump to the skimmer body. More info click here

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

Please excuse my photographs, i can not find out how to take pictures under LEDS light. :/

Best regard

Thanks you, Is there a link you can share. i don't hang out over in reef central to much. :/

Me either, but I saw it while researching.

Here it is

All that work, and no drilling?! :P

This is an awesome build!!

I want to duplicate it soooo bad, lol, but with my lights of course :D

Cant wait to see it filled!!

Sweet build... And great choice on the SC-65 skimmer. Mine works like a champ - one of the best skimmers for the price .

***subscribed*** omgomgomg

Archived