Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My new angler, feeding question

Disturbed22

altolamprologus
Yes. My current fish would not be friends with an angler.

You can't have just one tank. I have 4 plus a guppy breeding setup and copepod cultures and it's not enough. One tank would be so boring...I vote you set up an angler tank

longbeachstateofmind
OMG no goldfish! That's like eating donuts for every meal every day

It isnt too bad, most of the time you feed an angler once every few days. Also just to clarify im not talking bout the big goldfish, just the baby ones at petco next to the minnows.

OMG no goldfish! That's like eating donuts for every meal every day

Worse! Donuts do not cause Vitamin B1 deficiencies that can kill you! :eek:

Worse! Donuts do not cause Vitamin B1 deficiencies that can kill you! :eek:

Huh. I didn't realize donuts had vitamin B. The things you learn.

B)

altolamprologus
Looks more like a giant commersons to me but I could be wrong

That was my first impression, mostly because of that huge second dorsal, but the lure looks like a fuzzy ball (although that could very be be attributable to the picture quality) and it appears to have the tail spots indicative of a painted. Idk it's so hard to tell with those pics

Disturbed22
That was my first impression, mostly because of that huge second dorsal, but the lure looks like a fuzzy ball (although that could very be be attributable to the picture quality) and it appears to have the tail spots indicative of a painted. Idk it's so hard to tell with those pics

thats to bad, I guess i will try to take more pics

Do not feed em goldfish bad bad idea bongo had his eating frozen cubes so anything is possible jus go buy 5 damsels and freeze em

You should be able to tell what yours is just compare em on the Frogfish.cc website but my guess is a commersons

Disturbed22
Do not feed em goldfish bad bad idea bongo had his eating frozen cubes so anything is possible jus go buy 5 damsels and freeze em

You should be able to tell what yours is just compare em on the Frogfish.cc website but my guess is a commersons

Can I just feed him a molly everyday or every other day

I would feed 2 times a week like Mon. & Thurs. or whatever days work for you this fish don't eat that often in the wild hense the reason they got a fishing pole so you have to control yourself from over feeding

Iam not gonna tell ya what you should be feeding yours except don't use goldfish, i dont think the mollies are worth much either, I fed mine peppermint shrimp, damsels, and frozen silversides my next frog if I do, will be on a diet of frozen damsels & live peppermint shrimp

Huh. I didn't realize donuts had vitamin B. The things you learn.

B)

Actually, what I mean is that goldfish contain the enzyme Thiaminase which breaks down Thiamin, aka Vitamin B1. :P

Archived