lifen

Pom Pom, Emerald and Porcelain crab

At the moment I have an Emerald crab, two hermits and some snails (which are missing ATM).

I want to add another crab (or two!) soon. But I'm not sure if I can mix them all up.

It seems there can be some fighting between a pom pom crab and a porcelain crab. Not sure though.

Can you guys tell me a bit more about this mix-up? Is it possible? Am I doomed to only have one - beloved - crab? I must know!

I have a pom pom and an emerald crab, they leave each other alone and get along with everyone in the tank including hermits, cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, goby and a sixline. (10 gallons)

Ok thanks for the fast replies guys!

I have a pom pom and an emerald crab, they leave each other alone and get along with everyone in the tank including hermits, cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, goby and a sixline. (10 gallons)

IME you really shouldn't have a sixline in a 10g

IME you really shouldn't have a sixline in a 10g

How many six lines have you owned? I thought they were small enough to do fine in a 10 gallon.

At the moment I have an Emerald crab, two hermits and some snails (which are missing ATM).

I want to add another crab (or two!) soon. But I'm not sure if I can mix them all up.

It seems there can be some fighting between a pom pom crab and a porcelain crab. Not sure though.

Can you guys tell me a bit more about this mix-up? Is it possible? Am I doomed to only have one - beloved - crab? I must know!

I've got 2 pom poms and an emerald in a 10g - I've seen a fight between the pom poms but not with the emerald, he's quite a bit bigger than they are but minds his business. One pom pom stays on the left side of the tank, one on the right, and the emerald kinda roams all over.

I've actually thought about getting a porcelain too, you'd probably see him a lot more than the pom poms - they don't come out a whole lot unless it's feeding time and even then it's not a sure thing

How many six lines have you owned? I thought they were small enough to do fine in a 10 gallon.

You've never seen one full grown then

I've got 2 pom poms and an emerald in a 10g - I've seen a fight between the pom poms but not with the emerald, he's quite a bit bigger than they are but minds his business. One pom pom stays on the left side of the tank, one on the right, and the emerald kinda roams all over.

I've actually thought about getting a porcelain too, you'd probably see him a lot more than the pom poms - they don't come out a whole lot unless it's feeding time and even then it's not a sure thing

I see my pom poms more than my porcelain, but then again I've taken the time to learn their hiding spots and I feed a lot.

He has a long shallow 10g fyi.

Edited by Jacob042426

He has a long shallow 10g fyi.

That explains it. A standard 10 would be too small, but an extra long one is fine. It's more about footprint than gallonage so why haven't we switched over to that form of measure?

I NEVER see my pompom. In fact I thought it was DEAD until I took everything out of my tank and rearranged things and boy was I surprised when I found it!

I had a porcelin and emerald in one tank before. My emerald killed my porcelin. I saw the emerald cut off all the legs on one side and the claws. Procelin died in 2 weeks.