Cultivated Reef

Cherub Angel and Red Brittle Star

kmcdermot

Two weeks ago I introduced a Red Brittle Starfish to my tank. Last night I noticed that my cherub angel was taking nips at the Brittle Star to the point where some of hit armor spikes were laying on the sand bed. Now this morning the poor starfish was climbing on the tank and I noticed that the Cherub must have removed half of two of the starfish's legs.

Anyone have any ideas about what I should do? Or is it some sort of territory thing that will work itself out given time?

Thanks!

Reefmaster1996
Two weeks ago I introduced a Red Brittle Starfish to my tank. Last night I noticed that my cherub angel was taking nips at the Brittle Star to the point where some of hit armor spikes were laying on the sand bed. Now this morning the poor starfish was climbing on the tank and I noticed that the Cherub must have removed half of two of the starfish's legs.

Anyone have any ideas about what I should do? Or is it some sort of territory thing that will work itself out given time?

Thanks!

Your probably going to have to remove either of them. If you want to remove the angel than I will take him in if you want lol.

Thanks for the offer.

I am going to keep an eye on them and see if they start getting along. The starfish hasn't lost any more arms as yet and last night he was out and about on the glass of the tank. So we will see what happens with him. If it is the starfish or the angel, the starfish is going. :) My wife is creeped out by him enough as it is :)

Archived