Innovative Marine Aquariums

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if you keep missing my posts or what but I'm interested in a 5.5 unit. Please pm me when you get a chance.

Sorry jgpocodope.....I thought I had pm'ed you. The little 5.5g AIO unit is $20 shipped for either the center back wall or the end wall refuge.

• Like 1

I still haven't gotten a pm but it's ok. I'm going for the peninsula style look so I'm guessing the end wall fuge style? What all comes included with the 5.5 kit?

YankeePete
I still haven't gotten a pm but it's ok. I'm going for the peninsula style look so I'm guessing the end wall fuge style? What all comes included with the 5.5 kit?

As for the little 5.5g end wall refugium all that I have for them at this point is the intank unit. I don't have a wrap or cover like I offer with the 20L. It is something I can make though. If you would like a 5.5g AIO mini version with the end wrap and cover it would be $30 shipped. If you just wanted the intank unit i.e. wall and divider it would be $20 shipped.

• Like 2
I worked on the 40B AIO some yesterday and finished this morning....

40B_Front.jpg

40B_Rear.jpg

It is 5"deepx16"widex15"9/16"high. A basic 3 chamber setup, the middle chamber is 5"x6.75" so plenty of room to grow Chaeto.

Darn great job pete.

• Like 1
YankeePete
Hey I'll take one of those for a 40 long. That's just what I was looking for.

Gary,

What is the measurement from the inside bottom of the tank to the bottom of the top rim on your 40L?

• Like 1
YankeePete

So I am wanting to size the return outlet hole for a bulkhead so users can sit the pump on the tanks floor in the 40B/40L AIO. What are the thoughts on the outlet bulkheads size....is 1/2" ok or is it better to go with the 3/4"?

• Like 1
andrewguilfoy
So I am wanting to size the return outlet hole for a bulkhead so users can sit the pump on the tanks floor in the 40B/40L AIO. What are the thoughts on the outlet bulkheads size....is 1/2" ok or is it better to go with the 3/4"?

I think 1/2 will create more pressure, but the 3/4 more flow. I vote for 1/2"

YankeePete
I think 1/2 will create more pressure, but the 3/4 more flow. I vote for 1/2"

I was really leaning towards the 1/2" as well. The refuge volume works out to be around 5.3 gallons. With a pump along the size of a MJ 900 I would think would be good flow for Chaeto, carbon etc.

Even though I'm not setting up a 30 or 40. I would say 3/4 will be best. Most pumps come with 3/4" fittings and its always easier to downsize it if needed.just my .02 cents as I wish I had put a 3/4 istead of 1/2 on my 10gal. Wish I had gone bigger on drain too!

Even though I'm not setting up a 30 or 40. I would say 3/4 will be best. Most pumps come with 3/4" fittings and its always easier to downsize it if needed.just my .02 cents as I wish I had put a 3/4 istead of 1/2 on my 10gal. Wish I had gone bigger on drain too!

1/2" Id, 3/4" OD?

YankeePete
1/2" Id, 3/4" OD?

After going and looking at bulkheads I think I will go with the 1/2" for now. The thru hole for it is 1-1/8th". I can't recall the total diameter of the outside flange but it's huge. Anything larger and I will have to move the pump chambers divider away from the side a lot resulting in less room for Chaeto. I will still offer the 40B AIO with the standard .6" hole for the duck bill off the MaxiJet pumps to fit through. This is the method I use on my 20L AIO and it works very well.

YankeePete, so what is the estimated price for the AIO 40 breeder kit?

wesley,

I think right now to get some units into reefers hands I will offer the 40B AIO for $60 shipped to an USA address. Shipping to Canada will add a bit to the cost. It will include the 40B AIO unit and a refuge cover to go over the top.

Gary,

What is the measurement from the inside bottom of the tank to the bottom of the top rim on your 40L?

15 5/8

I think right now to get some units into reefers hands I will offer the 40B AIO for $60 shipped to an USA address. Shipping to Canada will add a bit to the cost. It will include the 40B AIO unit and a refuge cover to go over the top.

I beleve that YankeePete is down right cool for remembering his Canadain buddys too. Us Canadains should send him some biz just to say we love his work.

Thank you Pete.

YankeePete
Since it is going to be a refuge a 900

Would you want a bulkhead or the friction fit I use? Just using the friction fit I use with the stock MaxiJet duckbill secures the pump very well, it's easy, less cluttered, makes removing the pump for cleaning a snap.

Would you want a bulkhead or the friction fit I use? Just using the friction fit I use with the stock MaxiJet duckbill secures the pump very well, it's easy, less cluttered, makes removing the pump for cleaning a snap.

Ya I like that we can go with the one you use on the 20L. Just wonder but how big is the first chamber and how far up was you going to go with the return hole

YankeePete
Ya I like that we can go with the one you use on the 20L. Just wonder but how big is the first chamber and how far up was you going to go with the return hole

The hole on the 40B is 9.5" up from the bottom.The first chamber is 4.9" wide.

The hole on the 40B is 9.5" up from the bottom.The first chamber is 4.9" wide.

Sweet man thanks. Is it possible to get the return hole at 12" from bottom

Archived